Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Habana 2000 ( my information about Habana2000 and Havana 2.1.1.):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Habana 2000 is basically a cross between: Havana 2.1.1. > Vuelta Abajo. -The reason for starting Havana 2000 was to develop something that maintains the character of both El Corojo and Vuelta Abajo but resistant to blue mold and other tobacco diseases. The man I received Havana 2000 and Habana 2000 told me that there should be a third version (Habano 2000) that was also cross with a American tobacco. I asked if it was about Connecticut Shade (because that was what I have read) His Answer was "I have no information one that, but I do not think so. It would be my fault to get a new variant with similar flaws to get a better result". You need to know this:Havanna 2.1.1. Is a variant created in the early 1980's by crossing: El Corojo> Bell 61-10 (a mild cigarette tobacco that is more resistant to blue mold than cigar tobacco). I would like to clarify this because I have seen saviors who confused this with Havana # 211 which is a very nice Cigar Filler created by a crossing: Pages Comstock> Havana # 38 (At the end of the 1930s)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Does it maintain the flavor of the vuelta? Did it increase leaf size at all? My only gripe w/ it was the yield. Great aroma and flavor.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
SmokesAhoy: I have "only" been growing Havana#2000 and Habana#2000 two season and wasn't impress so I decided to only save seed from the one I liked most. I use to write the leaf's size of all variant I growing but in this case I can't find it. Perhaps I have it on a paper and not in the computer. And sorry but I have not growing El Corojo or Vuelta Abajo so I can't tell any thing more than if you think like this: Havana 2.1.1. Is like a backcross of El Corojo mixed with a cigarette tobacco to keep as much as possible from El Corojo as possible (but more resistant) and then cross it with Vuelta Abajo that make the El Corojo more dominant (in my mind) so I guess that you find more of El Corojo than Vuelta Abajo in it..Also sorry but how it taste in a cigar I can't tell because I don't smoke cigar -hope you understand (because I don't think I do it myself)..

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I can also say that of all back crossed variants I have been growing the "original" plant have been better in leaf quality and yield. The back cross only make the variant more tolerant and make better results if something happens when it grow or when you dry the tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.