Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BMC#24(Macrophylla):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
(Darker type of Cigarr variant).This is a Soviet tobacco of the type: "Sovetski Krupnolistny" (Soviet Large Leaf).Just this variant should have good resistance to "weather stains".The plant can reach a total height of around 185cm and grow with one in a pyramid form. The plant has 20-22 oblong dark green leaves that are easily dried to a fairly dark brown shade.The yield for larger growers is calculated as:24.5 kg / 100m

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yield per 100m²? Or a 100m row? Seems pretty high if it's just a row. This corojo everyone is growing this year seems like it might be quite a yielder too.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
SmokesAhoy: Far as I can see in my garden, this variant have high yield don't know exactly how high because all of my tobacco will bring me match lower yield than"normally". So I can't tell even after this summer. But I will grow this variant again (not next season). My seed comes from "Alpine" and perhaps he or some other member can tell more about this variant..

ChinaVoodoo

A hectare is 100m x100m, so it can't be 24.5kg per hectare. It must be per row. If rows were 1m apart, 100 rows would yield 2450kg per hectare which is 2200lbs per acre.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
The truth ain't always funny but can be helpful to share. One morning when I come out in my garden I find my BMC-24 like this. Actually it look like a tornado have been here but nope..And when you look at the stalk it's not broken and it hasn't just fall over. But I can't tell what's happened with them

Alpine

SmokesAhoy: Far as I can see in my garden, this variant have high yield don't know exactly how high because all of my tobacco will bring me match lower yield than"normally". So I can't tell even after this summer. But I will grow this variant again (not next season). My seed comes from "Alpine" and perhaps he or some other member can tell more about this variant..

Sorry Hasse, but I've never had BMC24 seeds, wish I could help but...

pier

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sorry Hasse, but I've never had BMC24 seeds, wish I could help but...pier
Ooo I need to take a big look in my mailbox then, I was pretty shore that it was from you.. The Russian name should come from "Васулив, Матиега оч Савина"And in English It would be "Vasuliv, Matiyega och Savina" so the correct translate would be "V.M.S.-24" In English that part will I never forget because my first translated information was named the variant "Navy-24"..

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
My tobacco has been falling down a lot due to the rain making it really heavy and succulent and my apparently overzealous fluffing of the soil.

I had to straiten the plants then step all around the base to compact the soil some. Perhaps you had similar conditions leading to them laying over?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
SmokesAhoy: Yes I have similar problem bur this season is really different. I have those plant growing in south-west realy Close to the house. That gives me match better control one the sun, wind and rain. But I have been speaking with a man how grow this variant pretty often and.. He told me a thing I don't nothing my self. My plant have not been growing straight up (they have following the sun) just a little angle out from the wall un till they wasn't able to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.