Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What's Your Recipe for Mint Snus?

Pasteurized

Here's mine:

80 grams snus (either 100% burley snus or 50/50 burley & maryland for low nic snus)
1/4 tsp ground spearmint leaves (I include stems)
10 sprays Watkins Mint extract

I am curious to know how others here are creating a mint snus.

Ozzy

21/02/08 - Second Formula - Wet Mynta Snus

As part of getting rid of all my smoking tobacco, I still have 3/4lb of Wintergreen Yellow Virginia Tobacco. But with the success of the first Orange Snus, I am making a second formula based on YouTube Snus at Home Channel Siberia formula but driving the Mint Flavoring way up and mixing the Mint Tobacco with Yellow Virginia and Burley.

I am also leaving it wet instead by adding 100g of water plus 10g for flavoring. On top of the Wintergreen, I am layering base notes of Spearmint and Peppermint among others. Please check the formula below.

Recipe #2 Ozzy's Wet Extra Stark Mynta Snus

Regular humidity tobacco’s
50 g Mint Virginia (Wintergreen/Yellow Virginia)
25 g Yellow Virginia
25 g Red Burley Tobacco

I milled the tobacco to a fine flour to pack in portions.
10 g Salt
100 g Water

I pressure sterilized the solutions on a slow cooker bag in an instant pot cooker for two hours under pressure and two hours under heated pressure release.

8.7 g Sodium Carbonate diluted in 10 g of additional water

I mixed for half an hour for ammonia release and left it covered for the next day.

21/02/09 I finished doing the flavor additions and filled six tins (about 110 portions) and refrigerated the rest.

Base Flavor 10g = 5g Spearmint + 2g Vanilla +1g Caramel
Middle Flavor 7g = 2g Sage + 2g Chocolate + 1g Anisette + 2g Patchouli
End Flavor 12ml = 10ml Peppermint + 2ml black pepper**

**Please notice that the End Flavors are measured in mL not weight because of the different density.

5 g Glycerin (I don’t have any PPG yet) for stabilizing

In the afternoon I went for a walk and popped a portion and have positive, negative and neutral comments.

The positive remarks WOW! this is such a complex and flavorful wallop of mints and notes. It pleasantly stings in the gums and fills your mouth and sinuses with a fresh minty feeling. It is a definitely an amazing combination with a diverse bouquet of harmonious flavors.

The negative remarks, the Patchouli used was a little sketchy and the middle flavor addition had an additional botanical aroma but when blended it subsided and the Patchouli notes remained. The second negative remark is to use slightly less Peppermint extract, next time I will use 5-6 mL.

A neutral remark is some may enjoy make a more coarse tobacco flour, probably 50% milled and 50% long cut, the current mixture immediately delivers a strong yet constant nicotine release. I love the way my current formula delivers a strong impact in flavor and nicotine (Siberia like) but some might like to tone it down.

In conclusion the mixture was amazingly strong and good. Definitely a good second formula for my Homemade Snus.

Thank you so much to YouTube Snus at Home for his channel and Fair Trade Tobacco for inspiring users for great premium Snus experience at home and at great prices.

huscav

21/02/08 - Second Formula - Wet Mynta Snus

As part of getting rid of all my smoking tobacco, I still have 3/4lb of Wintergreen Yellow Virginia Tobacco. But with the success of the first Orange Snus, I am making a second formula based on YouTube Snus at Home Channel Siberia formula but driving the Mint Flavoring way up and mixing the Mint Tobacco with Yellow Virginia and Burley.

I am also leaving it wet instead by adding 100g of water plus 10g for flavoring. On top of the Wintergreen, I am layering base notes of Spearmint and Peppermint among others. Please check the formula below.

Recipe #2 Ozzy's Wet Extra Stark Mynta Snus

Regular humidity tobacco’s
50 g Mint Virginia (Wintergreen/Yellow Virginia)
25 g Yellow Virginia
25 g Red Burley Tobacco

I milled the tobacco to a fine flour to pack in portions.
10 g Salt
100 g Water

I pressure sterilized the solutions on a slow cooker bag in an instant pot cooker for two hours under pressure and two hours under heated pressure release.

8.7 g Sodium Carbonate diluted in 10 g of additional water

I mixed for half an hour for ammonia release and left it covered for the next day.

21/02/09 I finished doing the flavor additions and filled six tins (about 110 portions) and refrigerated the rest.

Base Flavor 10g = 5g Spearmint + 2g Vanilla +1g Caramel
Middle Flavor 7g = 2g Sage + 2g Chocolate + 1g Anisette + 2g Patchouli
End Flavor 12ml = 10ml Peppermint + 2ml black pepper**

**Please notice that the End Flavors are measured in mL not weight because of the different density.

5 g Glycerin (I don’t have any PPG yet) for stabilizing

In the afternoon I went for a walk and popped a portion and have positive, negative and neutral comments.

The positive remarks WOW! this is such a complex and flavorful wallop of mints and notes. It pleasantly stings in the gums and fills your mouth and sinuses with a fresh minty feeling. It is a definitely an amazing combination with a diverse bouquet of harmonious flavors.

The negative remarks, the Patchouli used was a little sketchy and the middle flavor addition had an additional botanical aroma but when blended it subsided and the Patchouli notes remained. The second negative remark is to use slightly less Peppermint extract, next time I will use 5-6 mL.

A neutral remark is some may enjoy make a more coarse tobacco flour, probably 50% milled and 50% long cut, the current mixture immediately delivers a strong yet constant nicotine release. I love the way my current formula delivers a strong impact in flavor and nicotine (Siberia like) but some might like to tone it down.

In conclusion the mixture was amazingly strong and good. Definitely a good second formula for my Homemade Snus.

Thank you so much to YouTube Snus at Home for his channel and Fair Trade Tobacco for inspiring users for great premium Snus experience at home and at great prices.
you're great, man.

St.MonteCube

R.J. Reynold's snus can contain up to 40% other botanicals, other plant leaves and spices and usually has some sweetness.

They try to patent every process they invent and it's in public databases, but long, complicated and vague. You can use Ctrl + F to word search for ingredients and flavors.

Check out the flavorants: