Whole Leaf Tobacco
    Founding Member

FDA To Target Addictive Levels Of Nicotine In Cigarettes

FDA To Target Addictive Levels Of Nicotine In Cigarettes

Here is a link to my local news http://www.lex18.com/story/36001128/...-in-cigarettes

Re: FDA To Target Addictive Levels Of Nicotine In Cigarettes

Here's the FDA press release: https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsr.../ucm568923.htm

Bob

Super Moderator

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 20+ years but I've read estimated nicotine of 1-2mg per stick (which seems like a very low amount to begin with), and often a cigarette smoker will smoke one about every 20-30 minutes. They talk about tar as being the killer in this report with nicotine being the hook, but it seems to me if they reduce the level of the hook while leaving them with as much tar wouldn't it be reasonable that the average Marlboro or whatever smoker would just smoke more cigarettes to maintain nicotine levels at their baseline while introducing much more tar which is the driver of things like copd and emphysema etc?

I have been a Marlboro smoker for 50 yrs. counting my grow my own for 6 yrs to make them taste good. (all of my home grown has been so much better) What have they done to me heh heh or me to my self.
    BarG

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesAhoy View Post
    ...would just smoke more cigarettes to maintain nicotine levels at their baseline...
    That has, in fact, been verified decades ago in smokers of regular cigarettes who subsequently changed to "light" cigarettes. They inhaled the light cigarettes more deeply and more frequently, and some increased the number of cigarettes smoked.

The stated aim of the FDA policy change is to reduce the probability of young, new smokers becoming addicted to cigarettes.

Bob

1 members have Nominated this post.

Less nic=more cigs. That's why I add rusticas to my blend... when a friend of mine smokes one of my cigs, he doesn't smoke for a couple hours lol

Pier

cut the filter !

Super Moderator

Looks like they are going in the direction of vaping as a harm reduction strategy. Wonder if they'll reverse that last thing from the last administration that crowded out all the small time vapor businesses that were cutting out market share from big tobacco.

I've never vaped, I just got ticked off at all the vape spam we get here. Maybe I'll try it if Don starts stocking that stuff. I'm sure there is a recipe or two out there on taking whole leaf and doing whatever to get to the end product that had big tobaccos panties in a bunch.

It will follow the route in Canada giving way to blow up tobacco 100% more ryo products that burn too quick. Taxes will be raised and anyone who smokes will be craving the taste of real tobacco.