Whole Leaf Tobacco
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I'm almost out

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    77


    I'm almost out

    .... of leaf.

    I've been growing my own for a good few years, but supplies are dwindling and i'm going to be caught short.

    I have purchased leaf before from WLT and it's great .. the variety was virginia red leaf fire cured... pretty sure?

    So to tide me over till I can get this season going with my own, I'll buy some more, but can anyone suggest another variety that would smoke well on it's own , and also complement the Virginia

    Here's another question : I just tear chunks of leaf of the stem, then roll in papers that forms a mini cigar. Do you think it makes a difference as to which way the leaf is torn ( length or cross ways )

    ta ....robbie

  2. #2
    Senior Member ChinaVoodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, CA
    Posts
    1,676


    Re: I'm almost out

    I don't know. I recommend cutting it though. Remove the mid rib, stack the two sides, roll it up, straight, hold it tight, and cut it with a knife or a good pair of scissors, then pull the discs apart. You'll have a nice ribbon.
    This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder. - Linus

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    77


    Re: I'm almost out

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaVoodoo View Post
    I don't know. I recommend cutting it though. Remove the mid rib, stack the two sides, roll it up, straight, hold it tight, and cut it with a knife or a good pair of scissors, then pull the discs apart. You'll have a nice ribbon.
    oooh, sounds like a lot of effort, but i'll give it a go ...

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    2,517


    Re: I'm almost out

    Do you have a pair of bypass pruners already?
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/Fiskars-5-5...966J/100046021

    Roll a tight cigar and cut off discs, or a sharp butcher knife works great too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member ChinaVoodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, CA
    Posts
    1,676


    Re: I'm almost out

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokesAhoy View Post
    Do you have a pair of bypass pruners already?
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/Fiskars-5-5...966J/100046021

    Roll a tight cigar and cut off discs, or a sharp butcher knife works great too.
    Someone must have posted a tutorial on this, no?
    This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder. - Linus

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    371


    Re: I'm almost out

    That's a cigarello never tried it. I don't know how to do it but some people make a paper from the stems

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    77


    Re: I'm almost out

    Quote Originally Posted by ladaok View Post
    oooh, sounds like a lot of effort, but i'll give it a go ...
    Yes works great using scissors,

    ta ... robbie

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Comment via Facebook