Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FTT Store inventory

Before too long, FTT wil carry a full line of almost everything needed to grow and process tobacco. I really don't want this thread to become a discussion about what's best, but I would like to begin compiling a list from your suggestions of what you use to grow and process tobacco.

Please enter the product and brand you use of any or all of the product you use.

Some items such as fertilizers and insecticides will need a lot of special packaging so I don't know if I'll be able to make everything available. but I'll try. Home growers don't need some items in quantities available, so I'm going to look into dividing products into much more reasonable quantities (for home growers.

Please feel free to make suggestions.

FTT Store inventory

I'm only 3 weeks into it but so far I really like the 72 cell float tray system I am using. Add soil, add seeds, add water and you're done! I'll have a better opinion in about 6 weeks.

Randy B

Founding Member

Re: FTT Store inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbugdude View Post
    I'm only 3 weeks into it but so far I really like the 72 cell float tray system I am using. Add soil, add seeds, add water and you're done! I'll have a better opinion in about 6 weeks.

Randy B
    I already have all those Items , But you need to furnish your own water .

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBonner View Post
    I already have all those Items , But you need to furnish your own water .
    Yeah Randy but you can the the dehydrated stuff cheap !

John

Founding Member

Don,

If you need chevettas I'm pretty happy with the one I made and it was cheap and easy.

John

For starters, I would look into offering
    • standard 1020 trays (without holes, with holes, web), and 48-cell and 72-cell inserts.
    • Perhaps 2-1/2" and 3-1/2" thin plastic pots.
    • Small (9-1/2" x 19-1/2") seedling heat mats.
    • Plastic or wood pot labels (sticks). The plastic ones last longer, but are a lot more expensive. Wood sticks (Popsicle sticks) are available for about $6 / 1000. The wider "tongue depressor" sticks are about $6 / 500.
    • Agribon-AG15. This is very cheap when bought in large quantities, but most home growers would only need much smaller quantities.
    • Perhaps sewn Agribon-AG15 bud bags.
    • Plastic sieves for cleaning seed (400 micron and 600 micron) offered as a set of two.
    • Small plastic jars for storing cleaned seed.
    • Small paper envelopes for seed packets.
    • Smaller 2 mil Ziplock bags for seed packets.
    • Detailed plans for building several types of kilns.
    • Perhaps a cabinet maker could offer pre-cut, ready to assemble kiln kits.
    • Kuhn Rikon 6" Kulu (in addition to custom made real chavetas).
    • Cigar Molds in several sizes - Can be ordered in bulk from the manufacturer.
    • If you can find a source for custom-ordered cigar bands, that might spark a bit of interest.

Bob

Super Moderator

Dehydrated water, just add water? You know it sounds crazy but I bet with fancy packaging it would sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlee1933 View Post
    Yeah Randy but you can the the dehydrated stuff cheap !

John

The way I figure it there will probably be several "layers" of inventory. You will probably be selling stuff to newbies through advanced growers. I would think, for instance that you'd want to sell giberrilic acid but probably in much smaller quantities than maybe blossom bags.

Randy B

Ready made seed starter kits for small variety cig. or cigar growers with seeds, soil, and cells for x number of plants. Throw in a few of those popsickle sticks and a can of that dehydrated water. One stop shop. Sounds like someone would be busy purchassing, processing and putting orders together. I would be interested in taking a look into your kiln fabrication, if you have an approved plan for proto-type.

Anything that you guys want to make available can be put in the store...even honey as far as that goes. There's no reason to have a competing post in another forum with the same product.

I know it's not very American, but if someone like Daniel offers bud bags, I really don't see a need to allow someone else to offer the same thing. Of course the market will dictate the price so it's still going to be tough to sell above market value.

If a member takes on supplying a product and is either too high in price (no product sells) or for what ever reason, develops a history of not delivering the described product in a timely manner...will be asked to withdraw his product from the store and another member given the opportunity to supply that product. (how many sentences is that really?)

It's been a long day and it's only 8:00

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast