Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Little Yellow (Dark air-cured tobacco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Bob have been very nice and sent me seed from a tobacco named "Little Yellow" I know that I don't going to found more information about it than the information that I can find when I look at PI 551289 TC 222.But I am shore that some grower here have growing it and can tell more about their experiences about it..

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a number of years since I grew Little Yellow. I recall that the growing leaf was thick, with a light green color. The surface was hairy (loaded with trichomes) and quite sticky. It cured to a medium yellow, and never really darkened much more with kilning. It's nicotine seems moderately high. I regarded it as having a nut-like flavor, when added to cigar filler.

Plant length Untopped (cm/in): 104.14 / 41
Plant length Topped (cm/in): 96.52 / 38
Leaf length (cm/in): 53.34 / 21
Leaf width (cm/in): 22.86 / 9
Leaf number: 15
Days at maturity: 53

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Photos of Little Yellow from 2012. Little Yellow is a Dark Air variety.

Garden20120709_324_LittleYellow_300.jpg

Garden20120721_390_LittleYellow_leafSize_300.jpg

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
It's been a number of years since I grew Little Yellow. I recall that the growing leaf was thick, with a light green color. The surface was hairy (loaded with trichomes) and quite sticky. It cured to a medium yellow, and never really darkened much more with kilning. It's nicotine seems moderately high. I regarded it as having a nut-like flavor, when added to cigar filler.Plant length Untopped (cm/in): 104.14 / 41Plant length Topped (cm/in): 96.52 / 38Leaf length (cm/in): 53.34 / 21Leaf width (cm/in): 22.86 / 9Leaf number: 15Days at maturity: 53Bob
Thank you for the information Bob. I think the best way to get them brown is to stack them in highs (which are checked daily). -It shall be very interesting to grow this variant

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I stack them in this manner too, sometimes for as long as a week. Leaf that has no brown on it already does best in a pile like this, and the more wilted leaf you can stack into a box the better I've found. As the leaf wilts keep adding more. I noticed it to not be very effective with a small amount and very effective with a larger amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.