Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Let's Get This Rolling... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabron99

At the ripe old age of 9 or 10 my brother Tim and I used to liberate cigars from the Thrifty's on Main street. We would then proceed to Plaza Park and smoke them like bigshots, in the bushes. This was in the mid 50's and there's a good chance they were Habano. Tim's now owns a cigar shop in Portland and I get my smokes off of his largess. Years ago we bought a few bales of tobacco and taught ourselves how to roll. Got pretty darned good at it. Back when cigars skyrocketed in popularity, you couldn't buy a good stick. So we made them ourselves. The availability of quality butts has made the effort largely unnecessary, if all you want is a good smoke. As an accomplished craft beer brewer, I have an idea that higher levels of achievement are possible. I am here to sit at the knees of masters on these forums. I know this post might sound pompous but I mean that in all humility. My quality of construction was pretty darned good at one time; I'm anxious to learn about blending as my hand gets back into it. I'll be lurking and learning. Thanks...

Pat

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. If you've waded through several bales of tobacco, then you've likely discovered the blending "secrets" already. [It's like making a pot of chili.] An excellent introduction to categorical cigar blends are the "Whole Leaf Cigar Blends" from Whole Leaf Tobacco (WLT): http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Whole-Leaf-Cigar-Blends_c30.htm Those blends were roughly patterned on blending suggestions from forum members. WLT also carries a gorgeous 2-cigar mold, designed and hand-made by a forum member in Slovenia.

If you enter your general location into your profile, it will then appear beside each of your posts.

Bob

Smokin Harley

welcome ...and believe me ,sometimes when you need it done right, you just have to do it yourself. good on you . both beer and cigars...I do those myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.