Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

This is what alot of Swedish people talk about right now:

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Sounds about right, greedy people trying to fleece you. Maybe they can mix the salt in before it's imported to avoid the tax.

ChinaVoodoo

That's strange. So, they want to tax it before it's even turned into its final intended product? This wouldn't happen in Canada because a person with an excise warehouse license can store even manufactured tobacco tax free. It's when it gets packaged for sale that it gets taxed. Essentially, the warehouse buys tax stickers which goes on the product, and thus applying them, they become legal for sale.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Yes they want. And they have also found out that the dry portion snuff can be smoked in their tests (and shall also have that smoking tobacco taxes).I would like to see a disparate smoker stand and smoke those!

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
ChinaVoodoo: When I think about it I most say that the way that you say that it works in Canada is pretty much how it have been working in Sweden (and in Europe) but this is new and if the Customs Service get right on this it might change much because the last word in this will be from the European onion. "The Customs Authority justifies the change in its assessment that the rules on what is known as the Combined Nomenclature (CN), tobacco classification rules, were adjusted in April 2016. This was done by a clarification by the EU (2016 / C121 / 05) where the EU specifies how the tests of the tobacco must go to. In the Official Journal of the European Union, the EU writes that it is "typical of tobacco waste" that it is possible to smoke.A later ruling in the EU Court of Justice (C638 / 15) from April 2017 also takes place, in which the European Court of Justice makes several clarifications of the rules how to define what is taxable tobacco smoke. Among other things, it is sufficient for tobacco to be easily made smokeless without the manufacturer's processing." https://translate.googleusercontent...själv-snuset-hotas-av-skatteprocess-1.4574017

ChinaVoodoo

It seems to me there's two topics. On one hand, there's little justification in having different tax schemes for manufactured snuff and cigarettes at the consumer level, and instead of simply increasing smokeless tax, they're trying to take a shortcut by making a bullshit reclassification move.

Secondly, taxing the base material the manufacturers use reeks of double dipping.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
It seems to me there's two topics. On one hand, there's little justification in having different tax schemes for manufactured snuff and cigarettes at the consumer level, and instead of simply increasing smokeless tax, they're trying to take a shortcut by making a bullshit reclassification move.Secondly, taxing the base material the manufacturers use reeks of double dipping.
Yes and Customs and Tax Agency ain't really work together here in this case because the company that looking in the transports say that I as a private person can bay tobacco leaf and take it in to the country with out tobacco taxes but if they check it and found that the leaf can be smoked after a small process it shall have the smoking tobacco taxes.But the company that stand for the taxes (skattevarket) say that they can't answer "my type of question right now".. So right now I can just sit back and relax and hope for the best..-But this can put hole EU upside down when it comes to tobacco taxes..

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Media can really angulate most so that it sounds worse than it is, the company my links are about has two products that underlie the dispute between the Customs. In Swedish media it does not appear correctly but these are two products that should have been tested and found to be possible to smoke (Smokey Gold and Gunman). So this two products shall be what the thing is all about (and it sounds to me like Prillan have wrong):"Smokey Gold Ready-made, high-quality raw tobacco made from 100% Virginiatobak. Smokey Gold can be smoked as it is, but moisturizes it makes it a little milder in taste.""Raw tobacco Gunman 400g has a light and delicious flavor. Ligs loosely packed in the package. You can use Gunman tobacco can be used as it is to roll your own cigarettes. It works just as well as pipe tobacco."

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
But I still wonder about the answer the Customs Service gave me " You can bay tobacco leaf and take it in to the country with out tobacco taxes but if they check it and found that the leaf can be smoked after a small process it shall have the smoking tobacco taxes".

ras_oscar

Does the EU rules have exemptions for product processed for personal use? I know here in the US, finished tobacco products are taxed. Tobacco leaf is considered an agricultural product and is not subject to the tobacco tax until it is processed into a smokable form and offered for sale. The 2 product channels are kept separate by requiring anyone offering finished cigars for sale to have a manufacturer's license. Sooo, I purchase leaf tax free. I roll it into cigars for my personal use and store it in my residence. If I offer it for sale I am required to obtain a manufacturer's license.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I am very badly updated in this case. But just this company appears a bit like a victim.. Then they sell this as a "make your own snus" product. But the company also has (or had) two similar products for making cigarettes and pipe-tobacco.However, they have not sold it themselves to consumers but to companies that, in turn, sold it to consumers, and that is probably what the problem are absolut (from the beginning). After that even some of these sellers had in their description that they can smoke without preparation.But yes, the EU has or had quite the same rules as you, but there are also rules that you can interpret in different ways.Now, for example, Sweden will introduce a tax that prevents buying cheap from China in Sweden, I understand the purpose, but the consequence can also affect me when I buy seeds from non-EU countries, for example, the customs can keep my seeds until I pay taxes and customs duties. If the shipment is of low value, then I may be able to get it but it's an assessment the customs make after contacting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.