Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

sad realization of loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Hey fellas, long time since Ive posted anything. Somehow with the packing ,moving ,3 trips back and forth since June. I got to thinking on this rainy day ,boy it sure would be a great day to have a few minutes with my old pipes. So , I go looking for them . Ive searched every box . I'm pretty sure somehow Ive lost my entire pipe collection. My dads vintage 8 place pipe rack with brown glass humidor , the yello-bole metal frame. My 2 Falcons. My favorite like new Italian Briar full bent, the others ....gone.

Charly

Very sad news, but there is always hope you'll find them in a forgotten box ;)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
you packed and moved the boxes yourself right,,?????

Smokin Harley

BarG and chicken, yes we packed them ourselves and moved ourselves. problem is I made 3 trips (620 miles one way) and in between ,things got hectic and somehow in haste boxes and other clutter got thrown away. I'm afraid these might have inadvertently gotten mixed into the throw away pile. My wife assures me there are boxes we haven't gone through yet but I'm 99.9% sure I have. Theres only 3 places they could be and I've looked in all 3 of those places. Not with a fine toothed comb ,mind you , I just know the size of the box it should have been in and so far have seen nothing. I'm mad at myself .

Smokin Harley

how do you lose them? Start there and find them, they have sentimental right. GO GET EM.
ever be working on something in your garage , turn around and the thing you had in your hand 10 seconds ago vanished? I can't just go look for it, i'm in Alabama since June 2nd and they were in Illinois last I saw them. House has since sold . Its just not that easy.

ras_oscar

You would have seen a lone box sitting ANYWHERE in the house on the final walk through. Perhaps your "packing partner" moved them to a different size box to improve packout efficiency?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
ever be working on something in your garage , turn around and the thing you had in your hand 10 seconds ago vanished?.
He,he sounds like me.. Pretty often I found that thing a week later and sometimes thinking "I most remember that I have It here" suck but sometimes I clever and move it and next time I just remember where it was before I moved it..

Smokin Harley

Let the tobacco Gods rejoice!!...In my search just minutes ago for my food scale so I can weigh out some pecans for a friend ,I go looking into a storage tub and guess what box is staring me in the face ...pipes and humidor . My heart rate jumped , my spirits heightened . I pull the sealed box from the storage tub I was certain I'd looked in many times ...The box was shorter than I had thought it should have been . As I pull my lockback knife from my pockets edge ,I open it with a flick of my wrist and cut the tape holding the box closed since May. I carefully take back the bubble wrap keeping this treasure safe from the 625 mile move ...MY DADS PIPES!!! I may now sleep at night knowing I had put them in such a safe place it took me 6 months to find them. Almost like Christmas came early.

Now , then , where did I put that food scale???:confused:

Smokin Harley

Found the food scale too ...today is a good day, cold, but a good day nevertheless. Im celebrating the reunion of the lost pipes with a nice brimming bowl of HH Anniversary Kake in dads Yello-Bole Featherweight Aerograte.
In an hour or so I'm going to meet up with an old buddy from high school ,he posted a reply to my FB pic of the pecans off of our trees. He offered to make us a batch of family recipe english toffee with our harvest.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Congratulations!.. I was going to suggest you look in the food scale box but I didn't. I figured that would be the first place anyone would look when their pipes were missing..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.