Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Storing leaf properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras_oscar

Say I have purchased a selection of leaf, properly moistened my binder and wrapper, and rolled a few sticks. I'm putting away the unused leaf for another session. Should I dry the leaf back down to discourage mold and beetles, or just seal it back in the bag it came in and put it back in storage?

MarcL

Re: Treating leaf properly

Not unless it takes to long to get back to rolling. I'm typically having a few things coming in or out of case (moisten/drying) all the time. Once I open a bag, I'll case it and, keep it to where it can be handled for sorting in bags without extra air. I will keep revisiting it to sort, freshen the air and, make any case adjustments. From these bags, it goes to 40 cup tubs for prep for rolling. 2 this size gives me enough space for as much as 21 ozs of leaf (a half wheel/50) with the extra needed air space. I will bring the case down if I know it's going to be more then a few days.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you can get the humidity just right you can bag it, otherwise dry in a box is very safe.

For storage it's in a box and dry for me, but I keep some in case in bags so it's more accessible. I've accidentally shattered some dry tobacco and accidentally molded the accessible stuff.

For me it's much safer to keep it dry, I can always use shattered leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.