Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

HURRICANE '' IRMA ''. has me worried,

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You may need to update your signature to "Giving Big Storm the Middle Finger."

I worry for you. Although mobile homes use a lighter construction, I think the greatest risk is that they are usually anchored to the ground only by gravity. If yours is not actually anchored, there is still time to drive some of your stakes into the ground, and install a few guy ropes.

Bob

webmost

well i guess they will have to re-do the '' welcome sign '' at the state line,,,,it will read...

> WELCOME TO FLORIDA... WE ARE CURRENTLLY UNDER A STATE WIDE RECONSTRUCTION''...,<

im definatlly going to ride it out....i figure from sunday at 3 p.m. till monday at 3 p.m. i'll be on high alert. the prediction for my area is 70 - 120 m.p.h. gusts for 12 hours. personally guys i dont forsee my mobile home making it thru this, shes old, proablly built in the late 70's, ive only got one pine tree im concerned with... and it's a big one,

but im insured... so at least if it blows apart... i hope i got enough time to make it out, ive rebuilt every room and wall in this trailer,,, it'll be a shame to see it in rambles, but it can be replaced. my families lives cant,

wish us luck... 24 hours from now.. all hell will be letting loose in my area,

Sounds like FUN. Wish I were there.

Hell I'd bring ten cases to hole up & listen to it. Haven't been in a good hurricane since the Solomons.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Hurricane Irma and steering winds measured at 500 hPa, which is about 18,000 feet altitude. She will head north, toward the dark blue hole.

Irma20170909_1714EDT_500hPa.JPG

https://earth.nullschool.net

But the hole keeps moving.

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
they are calling for nurses to volenteer at the shelters.... im a FREELANCE GYNACOLOGIST,,,, i wonder if they could use my expertise,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well it's started raining... at 4;30 a.m. ft. lauderdale is very windy right now.. it's only a few hours away now.

im sure i'll loose power... so i'll hit you guys up when i can. i feel as though im getting ready to strap into a one way rocket, and as the wind blows i'll be listening to some SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS '' im a man of constant sorrow,''

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well its still o.k. here... a little windy but not much. im thinking about 6 p.m. is when the wind will start picking up... it's gonna be a wild night for sure,

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken Was Right

Ignore all the spaghetti models and shifts east and west. Go back and read Chicken's very first post in this thread.

Irma20170910_2300EDT_cone_600.JPG

Although eastern Florida has been clobbered by the wide wind field and tornado watches, it's looking like the actual core of the hurricane (the brown disc) is indeed going to pass over Chicken.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Irma's Worm Trail

Irma20170910_2300EDT_WindHx_600.JPG

This shows the recorded winds from Irma. Note how both the core wind field and the tropical storm force wind field has widened as Irma progressed. Presently the core is as wide as the Florida peninsula.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The hurricane in Florida spreads its weather effects over all of the southeast US, as shown in this radar image.

Irma20170911_0003EDT_radar.JPG

The outer bands are reaching up to me in Virginia now, though I am seeing no rain.

Irma20170911_0003EDT_swVA_effect.JPG

The descending black line is the falling barometric pressure from the storm.

But the wind and rain will appear here on Monday night and Tuesday. By that time, the center of the then Tropical Storm Irma will be on top of greenmonster, in norther Alabama.

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
wwoohh.. i still got all my utilities,,, it speckeled once. but im just now getting into it,,, IT'S COMING RIGHT UP MY ASS,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.