Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

Well ordered me some leaves and a shredder. When the goods arrive I am gonna try and make some cigarette tobacco to hand roll into smokes with papers. got 6 kinda leaf comin to play around a little.
Looked about some and figure the shreddin will go well, still tryin to get a handle on the casing part.
If some other folks that do what I am fixin to do have good links to that casing stuff I would be grateful.
Pretty keen on keepin some tobacco in smokeable condition for a spell, I just use a lil piece of orange peel but any tips will also be appreciated.
I been gettin 4-6 oz. can which been lastin me around a month for some time now and the main reason I am tryin this, besides I am poor, is I never really liked the the two or three brands that a person can get round where I live. I am not tryin to copy some store bought as much as I am gonna try and make somethin a bit sweeter n a touch milder and all this this looks kinda fun.

ZigZagZeppelin

Well ordered me some leaves and a shredder. When the goods arrive I am gonna try and make some cigarette tobacco to hand roll into smokes with papers. got 6 kinda leaf comin to play around a little.
Looked about some and figure the shreddin will go well, still tryin to get a handle on the casing part.
If some other folks that do what I am fixin to do have good links to that casing stuff I would be grateful.
Pretty keen on keepin some tobacco in smokeable condition for a spell, I just use a lil piece of orange peel but any tips will also be appreciated.
I been gettin 4-6 oz. can which been lastin me around a month for some time now and the main reason I am tryin this, besides I am poor, is I never really liked the the two or three brands that a person can get round where I live. I am not tryin to copy some store bought as much as I am gonna try and make somethin a bit sweeter n a touch milder and all this this looks kinda fun.

Welcome to the Fair Trade Forum! You came to the website with the smartest tobacco folks around! Don at WLT has good tobacco, ready to shred on day 1. If you like mild and sweet I suggest 2 parts Lemon virginia flue cured 1 part Red virginia flue cured. 2 to 1 ratio is pretty darn sweet and probably a medium strength cigarette. It will be smooth.

As far as casing goes: Use primarily distilled water (like 90-95% or so).....the other 5 to 10% should be a citric acid type of flavoring (like maybe orange, lemon, lime or similar FOR VIRGINIA FLUE CURED TOBACCOS)....shake up the water and small amount of flavoring combo and MIST it on the shredded bacca.....wait a few minutes and inject it.

Casing is supposed to correct any minor flaw inherent in the tobacco, it does make the cigs very smooth.

Cassidy

Hi ZigZag,
Thanx for reply. So I read .."wait a few minutes and inject it" and was startin to worry about some added process then it dawned on me that is some type of cigarette building. I have just been hand rolling filterless smokes with the enclosed papers from the store bought stuff. I have accumulated quite a few packs of these papers over time so I am well supplied. Perhaps now that I am going to buy tobacco that does not include papers I will explore some other options.
I am going to guess there is no real rule for this casing process and it is more of a trial and error preference deal.

ZigZagZeppelin

Hi ZigZag,
Thanx for reply. So I read .."wait a few minutes and inject it" and was startin to worry about some added process then it dawned on me that is some type of cigarette building. I have just been hand rolling filterless smokes with the enclosed papers from the store bought stuff. I have accumulated quite a few packs of these papers over time so I am well supplied. Perhaps now that I am going to buy tobacco that does not include papers I will explore some other options.
I am going to guess there is no real rule for this casing process and it is more of a trial and error preference deal.

Hey.

Not everyone "cases" tobacco, its up to you. Try it with and without it.
From what I've experienced if you are blending more then 2 types of tobacco to make your blend its best to let it age, pressed together tightly, like a cake. I think the oils meld together that way. If I want instant gratification I use just 2 types of tobacco together, shred both up evenly (a few leaves of this kind, a few leaves of a 2nd kind)......then I "case" it lightly....wait a few minutes so some water dissipates and I can inject it without problems (jam ups).

Cassidy

Hey! So as my view expands... btw I posted something in the cigarettes forum on an existing thread about casing. Ok lets see if I follow, one way is shread some leafs toss em like a salad to blend spritz em a little and voila! your ready to smoke after it is the correct moisture.
Now that you briefly described the "cake" the whole "casing" thing is making more sense to me. So I gather another way is to apply some casing juice to some leaves then press them into a brick let em cure a spell and shred this brick with a guillotine type shredder when the right time has been reached? I seen something of the sort I assume on youtube, just didn't realize the brick had been treated with any type of juice.
Now I am wonderin if you implied that I can shred my leaf, apply some of this juice and then "pressed together tightly, like a cake." my shred, to allow the "oils meld together" and somehow un-shred or re-shred this cake to roll into smokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.