Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

cigar glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras_oscar

I have read several options for cigar glue and plan to try them until I find what works for me. Is it typical to mix up a quantity of glue and store it in a sealed jar between rolling sessions, or discard and remix each time?

MarcL

I'll make an ounce at a time and refrigerate it. I'll pull out a half of a teaspoon at a time to use.

MarcL

Gum Arabic in a powder is what you want to start with. I want to say the ratio to water is 1 to 6 but, it may be 1 to 4. I like it to be thicker because its stronger and, I can always slip a drop of water in it if its drying to quickly. best when left to set up, work out any lumps when mixing.

OldDinosaurWesH

MarcL:

That's what I wanted to know. I have a bottle of powdered Gum Arabic. I just didn't know what ratio to mix it with water.

Thanks.

Wes H.

JLP

Hi,
I'm glad I found this thread.

Arabic gum is what I have too but everytime I make some up it's never clear like I see other people using?. After mixing it up with a little (hot?) water it's a dark brown color, is there something amiss here or am I doing something wrong?.

It still works & is very sticky, I just expected it to be clear is all. I have ordered some tragacanth gum to try

Thanks, Andy

Tutu

My agar-agar turns a little brown after a while too when I mix it with water, but it never worries me.

JLP

My agar-agar turns a little brown after a while too when I mix it with water, but it never worries me.
Hi Tutu and thanks for the reply mate

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one then lol ... got to thinking that the powder had impurities or I was doing something wrong.
Also pretty sure I read somewhere about microwaving it very slightly after mixing?, haven't tried this myself however.

Status
Not open for further replies.