Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Latest ATF Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryccf

THOUGHT some here would find this interesting - having been in the firearms industry since 1982, this is nothing compared to the corruption and abuses ATF has perpertrated in the firearms community, but this is still a major scandal typical of ATF's low standards of conduct

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

at the bottom of this story is a link to another how one of the agents used the unaccounted money to rent a $21,000 Nascar suite and fund a las vegas trip - predictably, at the end of both stories, no one at ATF was even orally reprimanded and the agent was allowed to retire with his pension

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.... who's got the chips?

There is no accountability in any of the Government Agencies. I do not think that it can be fixed, so we'll just have to wait for the ultimate collapse of society.

larryccf

unfortunately though in this case, this agency is corrupt all the way to it's foundation. In the firearms industry they have killed people staging unnecessary raids, committed complete perjury in court convicting innocent dealers - in one case here in Norfolk, Va the attorney i used to retain before he passed away, outed the perjury in the appeal - and it was all about shielding themselves from the embarrassment of how sloppy their record keeping is. Nearly ruined a man's life (20 yr sentence, $250,000 fine, loss of store and home, his wife and 2 teenage sons living in his brother in law's basement. When i first read the article, as my atty was featured in the article, i called him and asked "Jim, was this a case of a magazine writer selling magazines, or is the story factual?" - his response - "there was s**t they should have put in print they didn't". I've seen/experienced their corruption & arrogance up close and it ain't pretty. This story was just another episode in a long string of scandals. The good ATF agents, and there are some, most law enforcement personnel that transfer in, the decent ones leave after 2-3 years when they realize the cesspool it is. The ones that stay are willing to kiss management's (in washington) ass.

There's a website, "cleanupatf.org" started and run by former and present ATF agents - when you read the horror stories the straight arrow agents have gone thru, it makes what they've done to industry members almost pale by comparison

DIY Pete

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.... who's got the chips?

There is no accountability in any of the Government Agencies. I do not think that it can be fixed, so we'll just have to wait for the ultimate collapse of society.

I am very sad to say that I agree with you on this one. That is one of the reasons I am working towards being self sufficient.
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.