Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Olson's Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooda2008

Hey brothers,

This is freshly color cured Olson 68, being boxed up to wait for its slowpoke tabacum cousins to catch up with it for a full kiln load.
20170912_194418.jpg

And this is the leaf fragments that broke off while I was boxing them,
ground up with a few grains of salt in the snuff mill(magic bullet coffee grinder)
and toasted at 250*F for 20 minutes

20170912_194438.jpg

Very delicate floral flavor, gently transitioning to toasted cocoa.

Not pictured is the initial intense head pressure, and racing pulse. Post nasal drip is less harsh than Chef Daniel's Acadia snuff.

Ten minutes in with no additional bump, the Nic hit is not abating in the slightest. Rather, it is building.

Not bad for 12 days post harvest.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you like it as is dry some more stat, it'll decrease in potency here on out.

Oh, how many days post top was it?

wooda2008

If you like it as is dry some more stat, it'll decrease in potency here on out.

Oh, how many days post top was it?
Im pretty sure that plant wasn't topped. I have a full hand of leaf still curing that was topped early and picked 70 days after, and a pile of leaf that was 45 days post topping.

wooda2008

Stayed up all night staring at the ceiling. Took another dose early this AM.
Better than coffee.

I'm kicking myself for not segregating the leaf by plant/topping status. I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette; I'm going to grind up the supercharged leaf and get cannoned into a headspinning spiritual experience.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Hasse, the day you decide you want this strain I'm sending it out to you, we wouldn't have it if not for you!

wooda2008

I left this open to the air all last week, and took another toot this morning before my commute. It has mellowed more.

wooda2008

Take 2. All yellow or yellow-brown leaf from the second batch of pile cured Olson, ground fine. A blatant ripoff of SmokesAhoy's Olson snuff, minus the alkali, which will be added after my next taste test tomorrow morning.

flour.jpg

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Looks just like mine man, hope you like it. I couldn't resist trying it right out of the grinder though. I felt it in my gums, oddly enough.

wooda2008

Looks just like mine man, hope you like it. I couldn't resist trying it right out of the grinder though. I felt it in my gums, oddly enough.
It's awesome. smells like fresh hay and clean cow. Brings me back to playing in the hay loft at my cousin's beef farm as a little kid. I feel the hit in my front teeth and the base of my skull.
Very little throat burn on post nasal drip with the yellow cured.
Fantastic "toot", and will be even better when the alkali does it's freebase magic.

Nice looking batch ya got there.
Thanks! All credit goes to the leaf.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm quite taken with this. It's maturing very nicely.

I think next year I will be doing this on purpose with a few plants, yellowing then baking is resulting in a fine product.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I noticed I had 5 leaves that had flash dried brownish green from my Mahorka (tiny Russian rustica), so what do I do? They went into the coffee grinder, followed by salt, splenda, lime and bergamot. Green ain't my thing but now it's just a sweet orange and really good all the same. Made like 20 grams and I don't think it'll last long.

Snuff really is too easy, but so good.

wooda2008

It's awesome. smells like fresh hay and clean cow. Brings me back to playing in the hay loft at my cousin's beef farm as a little kid. I feel the hit in my front teeth and the base of my skull.
Very little throat burn on post nasal drip with the yellow cured.
Fantastic "toot", and will be even better when the alkali does it's freebase magic.

Thanks! All credit goes to the leaf.
Cracked open the jar today. It's tough to say if the alkali freed up more nicotine, but that might be due to me building a tolerance over a week of many toots per day, where I started this thread with a once-a-week or less habit.
The barn smell has all but disappeared, and the snuff is pretty neutral at this point.
Appreciably more burn in the sinuses; about the same as your standard american snuff.

wooda2008

Round two!

45 days post topping, stalk cured, aged until now, no kilning. Coarse ground, otherwise same recipe.

Much, much more nicotine than the first batch.

Olson is a strong winner.

IMG_20180107_154059411.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.