Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello Everyone! First time grower

Status
Not open for further replies.

bya1305

Hey guys! I've been parsing through the forum this past week for tips and tricks for my first grow. I started up smoking my pipe again for the first time in about 6 years. I have a few friends who smoke pipes. I also caught up with some of my cousins and new friends this year that smoke cigars when we have bbq's and get togethers. It dawned on me that it could be fun to grow and try to perfect making my own tobacco (as well as save some money since california keeps hitting tobacco left and right). I'd like to get some kind of curing/aging methods down to where I have a good product I can smoke and share with friends one day. I just started my first few trays with quite a few different strains. I know it's not the season but I work from home (web design and development) and I love challenges and solving problems. My plan is to try to see exactly how well I can grow in a garage w/lights setup and a greenhouse setup. My winters here stay in the 50's F daytime sometimes high 40s. The second part of my plan is to start another round in January so that I can hit regular season strong. I know it doesn't grow as big in containers or in greenhouses/under grow lights as it does in warm weather outside but I'm interested in learning how to grow it and want to see how well I can do in the off season. I look forward to the challenge.

Charly

Welcome on FTT :)
I am sure you can get some good plants inside, good luck with your first grow ;)

ZigZagZeppelin

Welcome to Fair Trade. Lots of experienced growers here, you can spend days reading here. You will get good advice too if you ask.

Bex

Welcome and best of luck. Tons and tons of information on the forum, and a bunch of really great people willing to help, as well. Personally, I wouldn't have been able to get through my tobacco 'adventure' without them. Enjoy.

bya1305

Thanks for all the welcomes. Seems like a great community. Should I start a log for what I'm trying out?

Status
Not open for further replies.