Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Nicotiana amplexicaulis

I requested some too at GRIN through my old University e-mail before I joined this website because I wanted to study some seeds too. Got an e-mail that they declined. So yes, they send you an e-mail back, that's for sure.

Super Moderator

If you are declined, keep an eye out on the forum. Periodically we are allowed to do group requests. Some really fantastic genetics are introduced into the community this way.

Quote Originally Posted by deluxestogie View Post
    I would suggest waiting to see if they fulfill the order. GRIN is not as reluctant about requests from outside the US. If they don't, then you should use your university email, if that's what "uni" means.

If you get the seed, and actually produce data, they appreciate your writing it up and sending them a copy for their records.

Bob
    So they are less reluctant about outside requests? Thats weird seeing how they would have to pay extra postage.

And yes uni is short for university in Australia.

Backyard tobacco growers in the US were the greatest offenders in attempting to save a few pennies by requesting GRIN seed for Nicotiana tabacum varieties that were easily available from commercial vendors. The person (one overworked person) at GRIN who fulfilled all these orders was so overwhelmed by the tsunami of requests from your average Joe that she was unable to fill requests from researchers. As a result, for nearly a year, GRIN was closed to all requests.

So, with the relative popularity of home tobacco growing, GRIN has become more selective in their distributions.

Bob

They fulfilled the order. Very happy

Nice to see ekul, I think next season will have some interesting grow blog's then!

Quote Originally Posted by ekul View Post
    They fulfilled the order. Very happy
    Dude. That's awesome. If you can, please make sure you produce seed to share if anyone wants it.
    This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder. - Linus

Yes! I was going to add the same response. Do grow, and do collect seed!

I know that people find it hard to get seed from arsgrn, is there a person I could send them to so that they could be distributed amongst the board? Im in oz so shipping would be too expensive to send out individual packets

FTT had a own seed-Bank but don't know if it's still active. But I am sure that some members can help you.I living in Sweden and send my tobacco seed like a regular letter pretty much around the world. Perhaps two letter each year doesn't make it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast