Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Nicotiana amplexicaulis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekul

Anyone know of a place to get some of these seeds?

ekul

Hang on, these seeds are free as well? This is fantastic!

ekul

analysing it for alkaloids to test against samples to see if it was used in australia traditionally

ekul

They're particular about who they send it too though. Regular Joe's like is can't just order seed.
ok intersting. Do they send an email if they dont want to send it? I ordered through my personal email, probably should have ordered through my uni email

ChinaVoodoo

ok intersting. Do they send an email if they dont want to send it? I ordered through my personal email, probably should have ordered through my uni email

Yeah. It might take a month or so, but you'll get a form letter. I tried once. If you have a company, research facility, or farm that has a legitimate reason to request seed, I think the results will be positive.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest waiting to see if they fulfill the order. GRIN is not as reluctant about requests from outside the US. If they don't, then you should use your university email, if that's what "uni" means.

If you get the seed, and actually produce data, they appreciate your writing it up and sending them a copy for their records.

Bob

Tutu

I requested some too at GRIN through my old University e-mail before I joined this website because I wanted to study some seeds too. Got an e-mail that they declined. So yes, they send you an e-mail back, that's for sure.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you are declined, keep an eye out on the forum. Periodically we are allowed to do group requests. Some really fantastic genetics are introduced into the community this way.

ekul

I would suggest waiting to see if they fulfill the order. GRIN is not as reluctant about requests from outside the US. If they don't, then you should use your university email, if that's what "uni" means.

If you get the seed, and actually produce data, they appreciate your writing it up and sending them a copy for their records.

Bob

So they are less reluctant about outside requests? Thats weird seeing how they would have to pay extra postage.

And yes uni is short for university in Australia. :)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Backyard tobacco growers in the US were the greatest offenders in attempting to save a few pennies by requesting GRIN seed for Nicotiana tabacum varieties that were easily available from commercial vendors. The person (one overworked person) at GRIN who fulfilled all these orders was so overwhelmed by the tsunami of requests from your average Joe that she was unable to fill requests from researchers. As a result, for nearly a year, GRIN was closed to all requests.

So, with the relative popularity of home tobacco growing, GRIN has become more selective in their distributions.

Bob

ekul

I know that people find it hard to get seed from arsgrn, is there a person I could send them to so that they could be distributed amongst the board? Im in oz so shipping would be too expensive to send out individual packets

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
FTT had a own seed-Bank but don't know if it's still active. But I am sure that some members can help you.I living in Sweden and send my tobacco seed like a regular letter pretty much around the world. Perhaps two letter each year doesn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.