Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

When we take photos, the colors of the computer screen are modified.

What object in the constant color all over the world could be put close by to have a reference?

Quand on prend des photos, les couleurs de l'écran d'ordinateur sont modifiées.

Quel objet à la couleur constante dans le monde entier pourrait être posé à côté pour avoir une référence ?

Youn

The most readable reference is white, so you can put a sheet of paper near by the object but only a practiced eye would be able to evaluate the correction to apply to the object color from the sheet of paper color… and it will only be an evaluation.
A photo software can allow you to ajust the color with the function "levels" but it requires a bit of experience (a lot, in fact because the automatic function don't makes it very well).

La référence la plus lisible est le blanc donc tu peux mettre une feuille de papier à côté de l'objet mais seul un œil exercé sera capable d'évaluer la correction à appliquer à la couleur de l'objet depuis la couleur de la feuille de papier… et ce ne sera qu'une évaluation.
Un logiciel photo peut permettre d'ajuster la couleur avec la fonction "niveaux" mais cela nécessite un peu d'expérience (voire même beaucoup car la fonction auto n'est pas très efficace).

Gavroche

A photo software can allow you to ajust the color with the function "levels" but it requires a bit of experience (a lot, in fact because the automatic function don't makes it very well).

La référence la plus lisible est le blanc donc tu peux mettre une feuille de papier à côté de l'objet mais seul un œil exercé sera capable d'évaluer la correction à appliquer à la couleur de l'objet depuis la couleur de la feuille de papier… et ce ne sera qu'une évaluation.
Un logiciel photo peut permettre d'ajuster la couleur avec la fonction "niveaux" mais cela nécessite un peu d'expérience (voire même beaucoup car la fonction auto n'est pas très efficace).

Every screen is differently settled ... for example, what you will see yellow sinks will be light yellow with a little green on my computer ...

Chaque écran est réglé différemment... par exemple, ce que tu verras jaune sombre sera jaune clair avec un peu de vert sur mon ordinateur...

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If there is true white as well as true black in the photo, then the "levels" function does a better job. Artificial light vs. sunlight also makes a significant difference. I have not solved the problem yet.

Bob

Youn

Every screen is differently settled ... for example, what you will see yellow sinks will be light yellow with a little green on my computer ...

exact!
there are systems of "color profiles" (embedded datas) which allow to calibrate from one screen to another but the use of it is complicated. Moreover, the quality of the screen also makes a great difference, I work for years with Apple and when I turn to other PC screen, I can not process the pictures correctly, contrast and glossy aspect make this work almost impossible - it is not by accident that Apple is used throughout the professional printing process... so, I even don't know if these color profiles are useful with a very ordinary screen.

/ exact!
il existe des systemes de "profils de couleur" (données intégrées à l'image) qui permettent de s'étalonner d'un écran à l'autre mais l'utilisation en est compliquée. Par ailleurs, la qualité de l'écran entre aussi en compte, je travaille depuis des années sur Apple et lorsque je passe sur d'autres écrans de PC, je ne peux quasiment pas traiter les images, le contraste et l'aspect brillant rendent ce travail presque impossible - ce n'est pas un hasard si on utilise Apple dans toute la chaine graphique…
Donc, je ne sais même pas si ces profils de couleur sont utiles avec un écran très ordinaire.

Gavroche

If there is true white as well as true black in the photo, then the "levels" function does a better job. Artificial light vs. sunlight also makes a significant difference. I have not solved the problem yet.

Bob

That's why us, photographers, use charters of colors to be put next to the shooting but present on the Ekta. I admit you that to show the real color of my tobacco leaves it is impossible mission!

C'est pour cela que nous, photographes, utilisons des chartes de couleurs à mettre à côté de la prise de vue mais présente sur l'Ekta . je vous avoue que pour montrer la vraie couleur de mes feuilles de tabac c'est mission impossible !

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
We all drive our cars with a steering wheel. 100 years ago, the torque required to turn the front wheels of a car required it. Today, a joystick would be ideal, perhaps mounted on a padded center console. We still use a steering wheel, because that's how cars are manufactured. They are manufactured with a steering wheel, because customers expect it.

I've never used an Apple product, because Apple is a totalitarian state. From ancient days, I've always demanded that a computer be an open system, with an open standard, and promote the availability of third-party hardware. I've always been an "upgrader" of computer hardware. I even upgrade the hardware of my laptop computers (as much as I can). Apple is a black box.

All that being said, in any industry, the end product is what earns money. Like the steering wheel, industry expects graphics to be Mac compatible.

On this forum, fortunately, experienced tobacco growers know the limits of color portrayal in their proud photos of tobacco. Occasionally the color is way off. Most of the time, it's understandable from the context of the photo.

MarcL's Pics of Your Sticks photos are skewed into the reds and browns. That's what makes them stunning photos (of superbly rolled cigars, I might add). I've actually downloaded a couple of his beautiful photos, performed color corrections as best as I could, and decided that the realism was gained at the expense of artistry. His photos are perfect the way they are. And we all instinctively grasp the message.

Bob

OldDinosaurWesH

Okay, lets see you steer a 90 foot long, 7 axle truck weighing in at 100,000 plus pounds with a joystick. Have fun inside the wreckage, if you survive. There's a reason those big trucks have great big steering wheels. Trust me I know.

Wes H.

Status
Not open for further replies.