Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

It's 23 September, and the World Did Not End. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The world was supposed to end today (according to some Biblical numerologists). It hasn't.

Now I suppose I will have to go ahead and pull up the stalks of this year's tobacco crop.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"Delaying your garden’s clean up until the spring is a boon for all the creatures living there. Instead of heading out to the garden with a pair of pruning shears and a rake this fall, wait until next April. By then, all the critters living there will be emerging from their long winter nap. "

Sounds charming, eco-friendly and circumspect. Those critters living in there are called hornworms, flea beetles, root nematodes and viruses. A pox upon their house.

Bob

Alpine

Well, the world is still here. In a couple of days I will complete my harvest and dig the soil, winter freeze will clean up some pests for me. I will spread some cow manure after digging, and by the end of May I'll be ready for another season.

pier

riverstone

For us in NZ it was a General Election, Spring Equinox and the start of Daylight Saving.It looks like the sitting party (National) has got back in, the Equinox was a fine sunny day and I lost an hours sleep somewhere. But we are still here.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Good, life is too awesome to suddenly end.

We've gotta diversify our basket of eggs on this planet though, because eventually something is going to happen on a long enough timeline.
il_570xN.902967740_xmyt.jpg

OldDinosaurWesH

I just got done with a 14 1/2 hour day, and I assure you the world is still here in all its boredom.

I have a garden tool that is similar to a potato fork that works great for lifting dead tobacco stalks & roots out of the ground. 'Gotta get rid of that pest harborage before winter. Cleanliness is very important in tobacco growing. All tobacco residue goes in the trash. If I need compost, I have lots of oak leaves.

Wes H.

Status
Not open for further replies.