Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is it possible to buy tobacco leaves from L-C variants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Some times I got the question if I know any pages how selling Ecologic tobacco leaf. Pretty often they think aha Ecologic means better and Less dangerous tobacco, I do not, however, conclude but instead ask them to find LC type tobacco. However, I can not refer them to any seller. Of course, I refer them to Whole Leaf Tobacco and a German page named NiCoTa because I like to always give alternative. But if any member in her know a page that sell cured tobacco from LC variants please give me a link..

Youn

Sorry, I can't answer, but I have another question :
Does NiCoTa sell leaves and seeds of all the varieties listed in their website??

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Nope bur I think they would like to do it. They only sell F-C Virginia tobacco's and hybrid seed.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Was it any special variant you would like to buy tobacco of? When I was founding that page I was thinking ooo yes finally I can bay Jupiter-burley tobacco (my favorite) but nope they don't even sell burley tobacco (and if they should have I think Jupiter would be one of those that they would not sell because all of the trouble that that variant can get)..

BigBonner

Founding Member
Some times I got the question if I know any pages how selling Ecologic tobacco leaf. Pretty often they think aha Ecologic means better and Less dangerous tobacco, I do not, however, conclude but instead ask them to find LC type tobacco. However, I can not refer them to any seller. Of course, I refer them to Whole Leaf Tobacco and a German page named NiCoTa because I like to always give alternative. But if any member in her know a page that sell cured tobacco from LC variants please give me a link..

Are you looking for Low Converter tobacco ( LC )?

Youn

Was it any special variant you would like to buy tobacco of? When I was founding that page I was thinking ooo yes finally I can bay Jupiter-burley tobacco (my favorite) but nope they don't even sell burley tobacco (and if they should have I think Jupiter would be one of those that they would not sell because all of the trouble that that variant can get)..

No, not a specific variety, but it would have been a way to taste a lot of different things… some of which I have heard about, and others which get my attention just by their names. Curiosity :)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
No, not a specific variety, but it would have been a way to taste a lot of different things… some of which I have heard about, and others which get my attention just by their names. Curiosity :)
I have growing tobacco just for the name. 2012 did they here in Sweden collect tobacco seed from back in the day when tobacco growing was big in my country (before 1963-1964). And the seed they found in south Sweden they document and saved (some few was they also trying to grow). But I found a PDF-file and started to look after those variants, alot of them was I also found. But one day I was founding a old recept one Snus. In that I found a name (Red rose) and For a time I was thinking aha he put flowers in his oral-snuff. But then I was found a tobacco in Grin-Ars with the same name... with good help in her I got that "special" variant and.. It turned out to be just a Bright leaf tobacco. It doesn't grow better than any other variant and don't taste more than any other, it have nothing special to come up with. But in my heart it have a special place.

Youn

I have growing tobacco just for the name. 2012 did they here in Sweden collect tobacco seed from back in the day when tobacco growing was big in my country (before 1963-1964). And the seed they found in south Sweden they document and saved (some few was they also trying to grow). But I found a PDF-file and started to look after those variants, alot of them was I also found. But one day I was founding a old recept one Snus. In that I found a name (Red rose) and For a time I was thinking aha he put flowers in his oral-snuff. But then I was found a tobacco in Grin-Ars with the same name... with good help in her I got that "special" variant and.. It turned out to be just a Bright leaf tobacco. It doesn't grow better than any other variant and don't taste more than any other, it have nothing special to come up with. But in my heart it have a special place.

hahha! Sure! The name makes the difference, especially when there's no difference!

BigBonner

Founding Member
There you go. BigBonner has LC tobacco leaf.

Bob

Don will have LC tobacco , I am sure . Burley , Dark air , Maryland , And all his flue cured varieties . I don't know if any of his imported Cigar varieties are LC or not .

All tobacco grown for cigarettes here in the USA has to be of a LC variety . I know dark air / fire are LC .

Tobacco producers have no other choice but to buy LC seeds .

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Don will have LC tobacco , I am sure . Burley , Dark air , Maryland , And all his flue cured varieties . I don't know if any of his imported Cigar varieties are LC or not . All tobacco grown for cigarettes here in the USA has to be of a LC variety . I know dark air / fire are LC . Tobacco producers have no other choice but to buy LC seeds .
Thanks for that information bigbonner, I think that I would have understand that because USA goes for LC and Germany goes more one Low Nic Hybrid's.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Maybe I mist something. What is LC tobacco?
Low converter (LC) means that oo it easy to explain in my head but to explain in real is harder, Nicotine wasn't as much stable as you might think. But in the tobacco they find some genes that made it much harder for Nicotine to convent in to Nornicotine. So with out that genes studies have shown that up to 95% of the Nicotine can do a dangerous change in the Nornicotine. So LC variant (you might have seen it after some of the variant name?) should be safer to use than the older versions.. Paul explain it probably better than I so read this:http://nwtseeds.com/TN 86 LC.htm

burge

Low converter (LC) means that oo it easy to explain in my head but to explain in real is harder, Nicotine wasn't as much stable as you might think. But in the tobacco they find some genes that made it much harder for Nicotine to convent in to Nornicotine. So with out that genes studies have shown that up to 95% of the Nicotine can do a dangerous change in the Nornicotine. So LC variant (you might have seen it after some of the variant name?) should be safer to use than the older versions.. Paul explain it probably better than I so read this:http://nwtseeds.com/TN 86 LC.htm

Thanks i have always wondered what that was. So Big's tobacco is in essence organically grown and should be better for you. Less carcinagens means a safer cigarette and that is a good thing. Nothing to complain about there.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Thanks i have always wondered what that was. So Big's tobacco is in essence organically grown and should be better for you. Less carcinagens means a safer cigarette and that is a good thing. Nothing to complain about there.
But those things ain't all of the problem with smoking so I most also say that you can mirror it.. If you baying your cigarettes from a store you might smoke more and if you baying tobacco and just rolling your own cigarettes you might smoke less. If you grow your tobacco you self you might smoke little more sometimes but often not (and it is very funny).

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Oo yes I was missing one thing here: If you decide to bag your flowers and take seed from a LC -variant you ain't getting LC tobacco seed because you need to get those separated from the other "normally"seed (in a laboratory). Just like the seed that you was growing before. So LC-variant means new seed every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.