Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WLT Dominican Binder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

I'm super pleased with the Dominican Binder. It's probably the easiest tobacco I've ever worked with, and has great flavor. It came in perfect case. The leaves have a nice texture. The website says there's some wrapper grade leaf, but I have yet to encounter one that wasn't. I've been rolling petit coronas and Toscano like cheroots with Mata Fina and Flojo like a mf since I got this stuff.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. The WLT Dominican binder is beautiful leaf. I'm guessing that it is Olor, but can't be sure. I jump for joy when I locate a rare leaf that is damaged enough that I don't feel guilty using it for filler. It's easy to work with, is plenty sturdy as a single binder, and makes lovely, rich wrappers.

Bob

Dominican56

Surely last month I got mine from a different batch. I tossed most of it due to holes and in general just raggy ass leaf. Had to rinse it several times to stop the ammonia smell. It was so strong it stunk up the entire garage. I kid you not.
Next batch must be good as you are saying.

ChinaVoodoo

Surely last month I got mine from a different batch. I tossed most of it due to holes and in general just raggy ass leaf. Had to rinse it several times to stop the ammonia smell. It was so strong it stunk up the entire garage. I kid you not.

Sounds like a mistake, or like you ordered from someone else.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Surely last month I got mine from a different batch.
Randy,
That's puzzling. I've received WLT Dominican binder on a number of occasions over the past couple of years. It has always been very large leaf, and more intact than most other varieties. While most filler batches tend to be raggedy, from every source, binder should be mostly intact leaf, with occasional defects.

Rinsing finished leaf is always a bad idea, unless it is still green, fresh from the field. Airing leaf will allow any of the gases that are created by the oxidation of aging to dissipate.

If you have a concern with any shipment from WLT, send them an email with photos, and they will jump on making it right.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member

We've been pulling out of the same bales for two years now. I bought four bales (120 lbs each), all were from the same crop year, numbered in sequence. It's funny you made the same exact accusation about the Flojo Viso. Rather than smearing my name, all you had to do is let me know. All purchases are returnable for a complete refund.

juan carlos

i just got some dom binder. it was a bit higher case than anything i have ordered before. the quality is outstanding, i pulled 9 leaves for binders (make 18 stacks at a time) most were in such good condition, i set aside the nicest ones to try as a wrapper...the i ended up pulling 8 more leaves to find ones of somewhat lesser quality to use as binders...
about 50% looked "too nice" to be binders.
i did wrap a batch with the nice ones, but i have decided to use them as intended, as binders...the leaf was just a bit thick for my what i like to look at on the outside of the cigar.
the flavour and the quality is very nice on this selection.

Dominican56

Don was willing to replace it but I didn't want to have to pay return shipping. I know most folks get a great deal on this particular leaf. Another fellow and me both got leaf the same wasn't up to par. It wasn't only me.

I'm not complaining mind you, it's the first time that's happened. Chalk it up to experience.

WLT is still a great place to get leaf from. I've ordered a few more pounds since, and as soon as I can sneak it into the house, I'll get another 3 pounds. :)

Dominican56

That's what I expected. Usually I can get a lot of wrappers out of the binder, too.
Not a problem and I won't mention it anymore.

webmost

Got some Friday. Rolled a test gar & torched it. It does have that oloriffic character. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.