Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Homemade VFC "casing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagZeppelin

I've cased all my VFC's since I started with leaf. This simple recipe below I have found to be the best. Your VFC will be MUCH smoother and slightly sweeter, the burning ash "whiter" no black edging below the ash:

8 oz misting bottle
30 squirts of a real lemon
1 tablespoon natural honey, no additives in it
fill the rest of that 8 oz bottle up with distilled water
shake it well

Simple, PG free, and it works really well.

*and I have sampled all leaf without casing

Youn

Thanks for your recipe, what quantity of tobacco can you make with those proportions? And can you tell us how do you process?
(I haven't yet looked for informations on this subject but today I was wondering about it so your post comes just in the right moment for me!)

ZigZagZeppelin

I get the shredded tobacco evenly moist.....Usually I spread my tobacco out in a baking tray 13" X 16".....its about a 1/2 inch thick, the shred
I move the misting around evenly, it probably takes about 7 or 8 squirts.
That 8 ounce bottle can probably MIST about 20 batches of spread out shred.

I let that misted shred stay out in the open air ONE hour.
After that one hour, I put it in a circular glass container and put the lid on it.

Take out enough shred to inject about 45 cigarettes, this lasts two people all day. Fresh cigarettes every day.

Leftynick

I am curious as why do you use lemon for casing. Any reason for that? Most casing recipe I look for mention liquorice, vanilla, cocoa and sugar.

ZigZagZeppelin

I am curious as why do you use lemon for casing. Any reason for that? Most casing recipe I look for mention liquorice, vanilla, cocoa and sugar.

Ascorbic Acid corrects Virginia Flue Cure flaws. Lemons are the best direct source I can think of.

The flavorings you mention are meant for burleys. Burley's have very little sugar and are bitter, so they need a lot of help.

I do not smoke cigars or pipes, just cigarettes till New Years. Then its time to quit again.

Youn

I tried it with Virginia Red Leaf and it seems it works well, removing the harshness of the pure tobacco without changing its flavor.
I tried to add coffee to this recipe, not sure that it improves the result but it does not spoil it either.
I tried to add cocoa and I no longer feel the taste of Virginia - maybe I added too much, I don't know but this seems to confirm what ZigZag said…

burge

One casing that can work is plain sugar and water. I know export A did this with glucose.

Status
Not open for further replies.