Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

curious if anyone else has noticed this about WLT's Lemon VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryccf

just finished the 2nd tub of Lemon Va (2 gal tub), both had aged 5-6 months and had waited smoking it till it had aged some - been smoking it solely for the past couple of months. The wife had been complaining about coughing more (between smokes) just a general coughing and some hacking. When she mentioned it i realized i'd been doing the same coughing. Last night I opened a tub of the Canadian Virginia Flue Cured that i'd ordered a few lbs of to taste, similiar 5 month aging.

taste wise, hands down the better tasting leaf was WLT's. But the part i'm scratching my head on, is that after smoking the Canadian VA leaf for 1.5 days, we both stopping coughing/hacking!!

The canadian seems to have a slight edge, to my throat, over the WLT in terms of slightly, and only slightly smoother smoke

any ideas?

ZigZagZeppelin

I prefer the taste of WLT Lemon to the other places Canadian VFC and also to WLT Virginia Thin Leaf. I've coughed some recently but the wife works in the medical field and caught a cold. So, I can't really address if the Lemon had anything to do with it. It seems a slightly heartier leaf, the Lemon.

The Canadian VFC is similar to WLT's Virginia Thin Leaf....both seem like lower thinner leaf, less nicotine slightly.

My wife likes the golden Virginia's almost at 100% straight up.....I tend to use 70% Virginia yellows with 30% Red Virginia or 30% American VFC 2016 batch.

burge

I think it all depends on how much you are smoking. I have noticed myself coughing after having some of Bigs leaf only because its a lot stronger than the lemon. When I start on all lemon I am not coughing. I have also had a little bit of a cold. I age all my lemon in the vapor proof bags. Varying tobacco blends can also make you cough. Last year had surgery and basically smoking lemon had surgery for a burst appendix then bilateral pulmonary embolisms. Cat scans after cat scans lung xrays the whole works and having a doctor ask if I smoke and after the x ray he asked are you sure you smoke? I also use some herbal wormwood combination black walnut hulls and cloves.

larryccf

i'm still at my 6 to 8 stiks a day, with some exception - few weeks back i hit 12 stiks, and backed off smoking the next day. The wife smokes almost a pack / day. The hacking only started after a 3-4 months of smoking the Va Lemon exclusively. I suspect ...i don't know, it's the only thing i can think of. The hacking/coughing stopped when we switched to the canadian, i mean totally stopped. I'm about to finish the 2 lb jar of the canadian and go back to the Va lemon - we'll see if it starts up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

burge

I am not coughing. I m leaving mine in the vapour proof bags. I do however know of people when they change tobacco start coughing. I do know this years batch of lemon is not has yellow as the previous years . So it could be a little stronger than most years.

Status
Not open for further replies.