Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Snus from toque snuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekul

I am nearly out of snus. Tax for imported tobacco in australia is $1000/kg. Since snus is 55% water it seems logical to import just the tobacco part.

Whole leaf tobacco and leaf only will not ship to australia. I have found this Toque snuff

https://www.toquesnuff.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=400g-natural-bag
https://www.toquesnuff.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=rustica100

I'm thinking 400g natural and 100g rustica

Are there other ingredients in snuff or is it just ground tobacco? I chose the natural because I imagine theres nothing else in it. I chose the rustica because I love strong snus.

what does everyone think?

cheers

ekul

If anyone has another source of tobacco flour I am keen to know of it :) Theres a lot of aussie snusser that would be chasing it too

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Here in Sweden the taxes for oral-snuff (snus) is 435 (Swedish) kr/kg and I was thinking it was high, the taxes for chewing tobacco have pretty long been the same but to day it's 479 kr/kg..

ekul

A dollar tax per gram. That's sobering.

Bob
They made all the packaging the same (and thus easy to counterfeit) and made the price sky high. Its almost like they wanted to create a black market

OldDinosaurWesH

According to my research: 1 Krona = $.12 US, or $52.20 (US) per Kg. tax on snuff. An Aus. Dollar = $.78 US or $780 (US) per Kg. tax on snuff. Whoa!

US Federal tax on snuff = $1.51 / pound ($3.30 per Kg) and $.5033 / pound for chew. Per Chapter 27 CFR Section 40.25.

State taxes vary greatly. In Washington State, the Snuff tax = $2.526 per 1.2 oz, tin. (or $74.18 per kg.) One of the higher but not the highest state rates. In Virginia, a tobacco producing state, the rate is $.18 per oz. (or $6.34 per Kg.)

So Sweden's snuff taxes are somewhat in line with a mid-range US state. Australia on the other hand... And these are just the tax rates. you still have to figure Wholesale / Retail pricing in with all that. Just in round numbers a Kg of snuff in Australia probably costs around $1,000 US. Let's see...Spot Silver prices were $550.10 (US) / Kg today. So snuff is worth approximately twice its weight in silver fully taxed and at retail prices in Australia. I guess they want people to quit. That's definitely what happens when you let the nanny state take over. I'd been told that Australia was very aggressive when it came to tobacco taxes. Unfortunately, I can't say what I'd really like to be able to say in this public forum. Some might consider that to be inflammatory.

Better get your self some seed and get busy growing!

Wes H.

Bob: Better check my math!...just teasing.

greenmonster714

Its a damn shame when governments get involved. I understand the reasons why the Australian government want to eradicate tobacco but that decision should be left up to the consumer. I agree with ekul. This kind of taxation causes a black market to florish. People will always find ways to get what they want. Prohabition does not work and that fact has been proven throught the centuries.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Thanks for taking your time on that. I was just going to check it, when I saw that you already had done it..

Status
Not open for further replies.