Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Best strain for a wild or "guerrilla" grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekul

What is the best strain to plant in the wild? I have a mate that has been chucking rustica seeds along his walking path and they have come up, can I do the same thing with tabacum?

I was thinking primitive strains might be best for this? I used to have a venezuelan tabacum strain collected by an anthropologist from a tribe deep in the jungle. That used to self seed all the time.

If possible I would like it to be a strain that is good for snus or chewing tobacco (but not necessary)

Where I live I dont have much room for growing plants but in Australia we have a LOT of space. There are vacant lots everywhere, parks, forests etc If I chuck seed along walking trails and vacant lots I can increase the amount of tobacco that I can grow

ChinaVoodoo

Types, like many primitives that quickly go to flower and sucker a lot, thus producing more flowers and seeds, would have a greater chance of survival over the long run.

OldDinosaurWesH

Sounds to me like there is a regular "war on drugs" in Australia. Except the drug is tobacco. We live in an upside down world. (metaphorically speaking.)

Good luck with the growing.

Wes H

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'd grow a rustica too in this situation. I'd choose any of the pumila varieties from Russia as they have small flat leaves and can look more nondescript than the larger ruffled Brasilia types.

uniemaia

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.