Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Your cigar plume/bloom is actually mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I just had another thought. I own a very well aged automobile (1995). As a sign of its quality, I sometimes notice fine crystals on its surface. During the warmer months, the crystals that spontaneously appear on my car's wrapper tend to be yellowish. During the winter, the spontaneous crystals are white or gray. My vintage vehicle lives in full sun, so it's not mold.

My point is that any surface condensation (of atmospheric water) will trap ambient particles suspended within the air. When the condensation evaporates, "crystals" are what remain. During the summer, my crystals are undoubtedly a mix of dust and pollen grains. In winter, it's just the dust.

If there are smoky fires that pump soot into the air, then black carbon will form patterns on surfaces subject to condensation. Who knows? Maybe you end up with graphene. Likewise for auto exhaust, urban air pollution, rural dust storms, volcanic ash, and the cloud of pollen, dust and debris that rises from large agricultural machinery in action.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.