Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Front of leaf brown, back faded green . To kiln or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedbs999

As a new grower, I need to ask a question. I've got a few Havana 2000 leaves that have dried brown on the front surface ( not the vein side), but on the back side they are a brownish green. Iam starting into the process of kilning and want to know if I should throw these leaves away or go ahead and kiln them. I guess another question I have is, has anyone else ever experienced this and what did you do? Thanks

Dan

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That is a normal result of color-curing certain leaf, especially with thick, upper leaf. Kiln it. It will be yummy.

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
As a new grower, I need to ask a question. I've got a few Havana 2000 leaves that have dried brown on the front surface ( not the vein side), but on the back side they are a brownish green. Iam starting into the process of kilning and want to know if I should throw these leaves away or go ahead and kiln them. I guess another question I have is, has anyone else ever experienced this and what did you do? ThanksDan
Dan just as Bob told you it's normal, I have growing alot of Dark variants and they often turn green-Brown in the air curing process.I have grown Havana and Habana 2000 (both are very similar) but they have turned excellent Brown under my air-curing process. But I have pretty much Shadow in my garden so I think your have grown in more sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.