Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New kid on the block

Hi and welcome to FTT JohnH!It will for sure be interesting to follow your next season (I hope to see much more from you).I think You have found a new second home on this forum..

Founding Member

Welcome to the forum Kris

Florida Sumatra is a good starting point for rolling a cigar . Give it a year and you will know what to add , how dry filler , binder , wrapper needs to be and rolling technique's .

Now in your picture your soil looks pretty moist . Too much water on tobacco is not good . I also see a water hose , if you are using from a bought water source then it will have a lot of chemicals in it that is not great for tobacco . Chlorine is one example .

Quote Originally Posted by BigBonner View Post
    Welcome to the forum Kris

Florida Sumatra is a good starting point for rolling a cigar . Give it a year and you will know what to add , how dry filler , binder , wrapper needs to be and rolling technique's .

Now in your picture your soil looks pretty moist . Too much water on tobacco is not good . I also see a water hose , if you are using from a bought water source then it will have a lot of chemicals in it that is not great for tobacco . Chlorine is one example .
    Yeah your correct about to much water , I didn't learn about that till it was
    to late ..., We are on a well so I think the water is ok , plus the fact I didn't
    prepare the ground like I should have , think I'll move this discussion over
    to the How To Grow section and start a thread there , I have a few Ideas
    and some pictures of my garden expansion for this next summer .

Welcome I buy all my leaf. To be quite truthful for me I would be buying cigar tobacco. All because of the age factor. My brother smokes cigars from the cigar of the month club. All good cigars the leaf is aged. Min of three years before it is ready. I have some some of dons lemon that is going on its 4th year and man its good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12