Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Swedish Match Ingredients reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekul

I found this exhaustive list of all the ingredients in the swedish match snus here https://www.swedishmatch.com/Our-business/Snus-and-moist-snuff/Ingredients-in-snus/

If only they listed the flavours we would be set! I couldn't find a similar list for GNtobacco unfortunately

For example this is General extra stark Loose:
CASIngredient nameFunctionmg/g
7732-18-5WaterHumectant540
7647-14-5Sodium chlorideTaste enhancer44
57-55-6Propylene glycolHumectant31
56-81-5GlycerolHumectant29
497-19-8Sodium carbonatepH Adjuster23
FlavorFlavor1.4

Superh

How to adjust ph of my Tabacoo sniff in which i put in my lower lips via mgco2 or sodium carbonate?

Strme

i am new here so hello every body.
my question is. why you all make snus with so much grams compare to swedish match. if this is true ,we adding 4 times more sodium carbonate. am i right? did somebody have a try preparing snus like swedish snus company have it on site?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Strme, Welcome to the forum. Fell free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. You may also wish to click on the Wiki link (in the menu bar), and go to the section on smokeless.

Bob

eebenz

This is nice but for how much tobacco flour?
The list is what is added to tobacco flour and amounts are in mg per 1 gram. So for example for the General extra stark loose mentioned in this threads first message:
Additives: 540mg + 44mg + 31mg + 29mg + 23mg + 1,4mg = 668,4‬ mg
Tobacco: 1000mg - 668,4mg = 331,6mg
Leave the milli prefix off and you have a recipe for nice 1kg batch :)

Morkinza

You sure? It's seems like a lot of water for 331.6 mg of tobacco. Oh, maybe its because they add some water after a first cook.

Something like 330 mg of water, the salt and 330 mg of tobacco, first cook. Add the rest of the water with (110mg) with the carbonate. So 1:1 for water and tobacco, cook, rest of water and carbonate, finish cook, add the rest of the addittive. That make sens

Morkinza

And yeah...Im dumb...seems like I cant read haha

Forget my last message. I get it.

Do you think the amount of water add to the mixt is all at the beginning, when you do the first cook with the salt or they keep a little bit of water to dilitute the sodium carbonate?

eebenz

One interesting thing what I haven't noticed before, is that you can find full list of flavours etc. chemicals Swedish Match uses in their products from the same page "Snus composite list" tab. Of course it's not told for what brands each one of those flavors are used but still pretty interesting.

Do you think the amount of water add to the mixt is all at the beginning, when you do the first cook with the salt or they keep a little bit of water to dilitute the sodium carbonate?
I guess they are final amounts because in another page they say moisture content for the same product is 58%. 540mg/g is pretty close to 58%. Click "Egenskaper" here and you can see pH, moisture content ("Fukthalt"), nicotine content etc.: https://www.swedishmatch.se/kop-snus/general/general-lossnus-extra-strong/

Morkinza

So, you take your tobacco, mix alle the water and the salt. Cook it only one time. Stir carbonate, Pg and VG(or just glycerin) and the flavor in a bowl, add this to the tobacco and thats it. Just one cook and not an other cook after you add the carbonate.

Status
Not open for further replies.