Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Protein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

have the leaves of tobacco protein, i know that it have sugar but protein ? because to have the effect maillard, protein is neccessary

Thank you.

Gavroche

Wikipedia

Wes H.

Dedicated to supporting Tobacco growers
and consumers without intervention from
Big tobacco or Big government. and big encyclopedie ! ahahah ...lol

[FONT=&quot]Dedicated to supporting Tobacco growers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]and consumers without intervention from[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Big tobacco or Big government.[/FONT]

OldDinosaurWesH

It takes Amino Acids to make cells, therefore it follows that there would be a small amount of protein in tobacco leaf. Certainly not the protein levels as say...Alfalfa.

Re: Wikipedia, yes Wikipedia has its flaws, but it can be a good jumping off point for further research.

Wes H.

Gavroche

Thank you ODW..

Make ferment leaves could give proteins ? the fermentation created by mushrooms, bacteria which are proteins I believe...

. est-ce que faire fermenter les feuilles pourrait donner des protéines... la fermentation créé des champignons, des bactéries qui sont des protéines je crois...

ChinaVoodoo

Every plant/animal/fungi is mostly water, protein, fat and carbohydrates, (and maybe bone). There ain't much fat in tobacco, so whatever isn't sugar, starch, and cellulose is pretty much all protein.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I've been out of town, so I'll jump in now.

Both the process of color-curing as well as fermenting (kilning) breaks down proteins within the lamina. The cleavage of amino groups from amino acids (which comprise the proteins) releases ammonia. My guess is that once the ammonia smell is entirely gone, all of the protein has been broken down.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

This is interesting. A chart from leffingwell of the contents of fully aged tobacco. You've got your amino acids, mostly nicotine ranging from 1-3%, some miniscule amounts of other amino acids, and protein nitrogen ranging from 0.9% to 1.75%. I don't know if that refers to the% of protein or the percentage of nitrogen that's in protein. If it's the latter, multiply by 6.25.

Screenshot_20171114-223252~2.jpg

Anyways, I thought it interesting because these alcohol soluble resins and pectin numbers are way higher than I thought they would be.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
This is interesting. A chart from leffingwell of the contents of fully aged tobacco. You've got your amino acids, mostly nicotine ranging from 1-3%, some miniscule amounts of other amino acids, and protein nitrogen ranging from 0.9% to 1.75%. I don't know if that refers to the% of protein or the percentage of nitrogen that's in protein. If it's the latter, multiply by 6.25.View attachment 22560Anyways, I thought it interesting because these alcohol soluble resins and pectin numbers are way higher than I thought they would be.
Interesting stuff do you have a link to that page? I can't read it from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.