Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Thanksgiving Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to wish all our USA members a happy Thanksgiving. (For everybody else, that's tomorrow, Thursday.)

RoastTurkeyMap_render1.jpg

To help you keep abreast of Turkey carving, I've included a detailed map.

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I will be missing my Turkey and Dressing today , As my family has seemed to grown and my Son ,Daughter in Law and my grandson has to travel to my grandsons other side of the family's today to eat Thanksgiving .
But we will cook on Saturday and that is ok with me . This is my first Thanksgiving without a BIG meal and it feels really weird .

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to visit with my son and his family two weeks ago, down near Birmingham, Alabama, where he works as a tepan chef at a Japanese restaurant.

Alabama20171110_3217_Sumo_400.jpg

Today, I'll be enjoying a quiet meal. I'll be roasting a large, boneless, skinless chicken thigh, with potatoes and veggies. No arguments, no pretending to like Aunt Minnie's kale soufflé.

I'm currently smoking a pipe bowl of Jitterbugdude's delicious Sweet and Smokey Semrique (a Perique made from his home-grown Semois). You might say I'm smoking a peace and quiet pipe.

Bob

OldDinosaurWesH

Happy Turkey day for all in the US.

My brother & I have been invited to a friend's house & I'm bringing the Cranberry sauce.

I only wish my friend had asked about the Cranberry sauce a couple of weeks ago. Being only two days old, it is still what I call a little "green". Cranberry sauce is similar to tobacco, it needs to age to be at its best. Cranberry sauce needs time for the sugar and spices to disperse. Otherwise it is fairly tart. I'm just finishing off the last bit from last year and it is nicely aged and tastes wonderful. And no, they aren't talking me out of any of my 10 year old cheese. Mmm! sharp and tangy!

Wes H.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
When I emailed my son the turkey map, he asked where Batman was on it. (Apparently there is a town in Turkey named "Batman".) So I looked around the turkey, and located Batman's residence. [It's a 3D model, so I could rotate it!]

RoastedTurkey_Batcave_render.jpg

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
The first Thanksgiving lasted three days . That is still about the same around my house . First day Turkey , dressing , Pecan pies, yams and tater salad .Second day , left over Turkey , dressing , yams and tater salad , Third day Little turkey left , maybe some dressing and possibly some tater salad ..

Charly

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and thank you for the map of the turkey ! very instructive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.