Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Newbie Ozzy here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

Greetings everyone,

I'm a downsized Engineer working full time as a stay at home Dad. Recently I received a Seed Catalog of produce. As I was looking at the pictures, I thought that the only thing missing was the tobacco.

I was twenty years a smoker. I used to smoke eight cigars a day on weekdays, then I switched to regular cigarettes and then to vaping. I have been vaping for the last seven years. I still from time to time enjoy snus, nasal snuff and chewing tobacco.

My goal on this forum is to learn the basics of tobacco farming for personal use. Curing tobacco for pipe, chew, snus and (super ambitious) nasal snuff.

Tutu

You came to exactly the right place! Welcome! There's lots of stuff to learn here and lots of folks to answer all the questions you may have

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to have a look at the FAQ for new growers (link at the top of each page), and bookmark the index to key forum threads: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum

One of the best sources for reliable tobacco seed (that is the variety it says it is) is Northwood Seeds, in Washington state: http://northwoodseeds.com/Seed List2.htm
The owner is a forum member, skychaser.

Seed starting time (indoors) is mid-February to mid-March, so there's not a ton of time left to order things you'll need. Your last frost date is fairly close to what I have here in southwest Virginia, though my first frost is a couple of weeks later.

Bob

burge

You too Happy Thanksgiving I hope everyone is taking advantage of the sale.

Charly

Welcome on FTT, you are at the right place to learn how to grow tobacco ;)

Ozzy

Thank you everyone for making me feel right at home. I will make sure to take advantage of your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.