Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I was just informed there are two bales of Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo (one Seco and one Ligero) from the 2014 crop year available. These are the last two bales known to mankind left on the face of the earth.

Does anyone have any interest in these tobaccos?

Last edited:

MarcL

I do believe there should be for sure. based on what it sounds and looks like through this site a lot of interest. I can hardly wait to get to Cibao leaf myself to find out how great it is.

webmost

I was just informed there are two bales of Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo (one Seco and one Ligero) from the 2014 crop year available. These are the last two bales known to mankind left on the face of the earth.

Gimme that seco. I am a seco sicko.

mwaller

Did you decide to purchase? When will these be available on your site?

greenmonster714

That sounds great Don. Always good news when new tobacco hits the store. I wish I still lived up in that area. I was in a small town just west of Barberton called Lodi. We frequently visited Akron. Loved the Ribfest every year.

mwaller

Ok, folks. Who had tried the WLT Vuelta Abajo? Mine is waiting for pickup at the post office. Any early reviews?!

MarcL

Thank you for the samples Don. I'll be getting some of this stuff for sure. Very nice! Y'all want this leaf. just be sure to leave me some.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I rolled a Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo puro robusto today. Both wrapper and binder were seco, while the filler consisted of 2 leaves of seco and 1 of ligero.

The taste of the Vuelta Abajo seco wrapper was soft, smooth and offered a mild flavor. When lit, the robusto burned well, forming a gray-white ash. Overall, it seemed more flavorful than typical Dominican seco with Dominican ligero, but is relatively subdued, when compared to Corojo or Criollo. Strength was medium. There was not a lot of complexity to the aroma. "Habano" leaf from Honduras and especially Nicaragua is far more potent, though it is not clear that they are closely related to this Vuelta Abajo.

I would rank this as wonderful filler leaf. It makes a good base for a mild-to-medium strength, smooth cigar.

Next, I'll try a similar filler blend beneath a Cibao Valley Criollo wrapper (the real thing), which should broaden the flavor profile, and add a needed edge to the flavor. Then, I'll work my way through my various other wrappers. Finally, I'll do a comparison with my home-grown Vuelta Abajo leaf.

Bob

D0CH0LLIDAY

I rolled a Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo puro robusto today. Both wrapper and binder were seco, while the filler consisted of 2 leaves of seco and 1 of ligero.

The taste of the Vuelta Abajo seco wrapper was soft, smooth and offered a mild flavor. When lit, the robusto burned well, forming a gray-white ash. Overall, it seemed more flavorful than typical Dominican seco with Dominican ligero, but is relatively subdued, when compared to Corojo or Criollo. Strength was medium. There was not a lot of complexity to the aroma. "Habano" leaf from Honduras and especially Nicaragua is far more potent, though it is not clear that they are closely related to this Vuelta Abajo.

I would rank this as wonderful filler leaf. It makes a good base for a mild-to-medium strength, smooth cigar.

Next, I'll try a similar filler blend beneath a Cibao Valley Criollo wrapper (the real thing), which should broaden the flavor profile, and add a needed edge to the flavor. Then, I'll work my way through my various other wrappers. Finally, I'll do a comparison with my home-grown Vuelta Abajo leaf.

Bob

Great thanks for the effort. Let us know how it goes with the various blends and wrappers.

I bought some Vuelta Seco and Ligero and am looking forward to trying it.

mwaller

Thanks, Bob!
I rolled a rough purito with the Vuelta Abajo seco, and my thoughts echo yours. I think this leaf is an excellent filler that will pair well with a few stronger condiments.
I'm fond of the combination of WLT Piloto viso and WLT Cibao Corojo Viso, so I rolled a few cigars that incorporate this pair with the new Vuelta Abajo seco. I'm excited to try them.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20180122_3372_cigar_CorojoOscuro_wrapper_600.jpg

• wrapper: WLT Corojo Oscuro
  • binder: double WLT Besuki wrapper
  • filler:
    -WLT Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo seco [2 leaves]
    -WLT Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo ligero [1/2 leaf]
    -WLT Dominican Binder [1 leaf]
This is the nicest blending, with the roundest, most balanced flavor and aroma of my trials using the new WLT Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo leaf. No food. No fruits and nuts. Just wonderful cigar flavor and cigar aroma. Strength was medium. The burn was excellent.

This is confirming my initial impression that the WLT Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo makes a solid foundation for filler blending. Not too strong; not too mild; not too intrusive.

The only thing that could have been better was the ambient temperature, which sat at 56°F.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.