Whole Leaf Tobacco

Columbian leaf for trade

Bought some Columbian leaf from a competing site (before I knew better). Here's the blurb...

Our Aged Colombian Seco Tobacco Leaves are robust, but surprisingly quite mild-smelling - similar to unroasted coffee beans.

I like this leaf but it has a somewhat different taste, a bit strong too. I use it and enjoy it in blends, but it needs to be 10% or less. I would like to trade some to try new things.

Re: Columbian leaf for trade

I like how ya threw in there...before I knew better..lol
    I've only obtained leaf from Don and BigB so far. With the quality and service they both offer I see no reason to look elsewhere. I'd imagine some of these rollers will be interested in a trade.

Yeah, I've had a couple orders from BigB and have been impressed. I used to smoke cigars but presently am enjoying cigar tobacco in a pipe. BigB's Havana leaf is very good by itself and I will probably use it a a base making up the majority of future blends with a little something more added for "kick".

I was using the Columbian for this till I discovered Dominican Ligero(?). It also is a good tasting leaf which is too much on it's own. I will prolly eventually mix the Columbian with the Dominican at about a 1/3 ratio and add that to whatever.

I've got a sample of the Havana from bigb I've not tried yet. I'll have to throw it in my pipe and try it alone and with a little other tobacco blended in. Back when I smoked cigars I always had a pipe in my pocket to finish the cigar all the way. It always had a bite but I don't mind a little snap. I've tried some blends from John Patton which had cigar leaf included and they were very good.

Bigb also has some Havana called Lonnie's Havana. I've read a few threads here that claim it to be a very good cigarette tobacco and would probably be good in a pipe as well. I don't know where the Lonnie Havana comes from but I've only heard good things about it.

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster714 View Post
    Bigb also has some Havana called Lonnie's Havana. I've read a few threads here that claim it to be a very good cigarette tobacco and would probably be good in a pipe as well. I don't know where the Lonnie Havana comes from but I've only heard good things about it.
    Really I have three Havana's . 1 Havana I cant right off remember the numbers , 2 Lonnie's Havana and My Big Havana .