Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Get Rich Quick, but you better be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
BitcoinExponential.JPG

Price of a single BitCoin.

What's wrong with this picture?

If you hurry, you can have a share in the BitCoin wealth. Judging from the graph, one single BitCoin should be worth more than all of planet Earth in another week or two.

Ah! The magic of exponential curves. Think of all the whole leaf you could buy.

When a microbial colony exhibits such a growth curve, it shortly thereafter rots at the center, leaving only a hollow shell. Mother Nature knows.

Bob

OldDinosaurWesH

Yes, It's Tulip time in Holland.

Wes H.

P.S. Actually, I'm a little surprised the Feds haven't stepped in. I guess it's not a big enough bubble for the Feds to be concerned.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Step right up folks. For one thin dime--one tenth of a dollar--you can see Little BitCoin do the Dance of the Pyramids. She walks. She talks. She crawls on her belly like a reptile. Just one thin dime.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

Step right up folks. For one thin dime--one tenth of a dollar--you can see Little BitCoin do the Dance of the Pyramids. She walks. She talks. She crawls on her belly like a reptile. Just one thin dime.

Bob

Will it remove embarrassing stains and walk my dog? Does it ever need winding?

burge

I am mining some now on a google play app have 2 of them will se if it goes anywhere.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'd have a real hard time going long on anything looking like that.

I said the same thing when it was 400.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
BitCoin is fully backed by the government of nowhere. It represents zero assets or future earnings. It is not legal tender for all debts, public and private. It is not governed by any rule of law. The computer servers on which it resides are not secure. Its value has become so volatile that some of the vendors who previously accepted payment in BitCoin have stopped accepting it. Because of the lag of several days between when you "purchase" BitCoin, and when the transaction is finally recorded, you may not be able to promptly sell it if it suddenly crashes.

To my jaded eyes, it seems like a simple pyramid scheme, with the early investors becoming wealthy on the hopes and dreams of later investors.

Those who take the bate, and get rich, can laugh at me later.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I use ad-away to fix that issue with my phone. As to pyramid, the graph above looks like it is almost done being drawn in said shape.

If I had 2 coins like you I'd have a really hard time not selling them right now, because it could be 100k+ next year, or 0. Crazy. It's literally based on nothing which is even less then our current fiat is but at the moment it is worth so much.

Apmex takes bitcoin I believe, I'd probably try converting some btc into gold, but in our current timeline a coin is gaining an ounce of gold daily almost it seems.

Decisions decisions huh?

OldDinosaurWesH

I know a guy who bought Berkshire Hathaway at $6,000 per share. Back in 1991. The last time I talked to him he still owned all two of them. Today they are priced at $293,540. Each. But of course Berkshire Hathaway has real assets, including the BNSF railway.

Bitcoin is a little different situation.

Wes H.

buck

Well, just don't get greedy (easy to say). You can buy $500-$1k etc.. worth of bitcoin and just sell your profits (+ transaction fee) off each day, worse case things go to 0 you lose $1k but if you put in a sell order at say $900 then you'd only lose $100 .. if you are lucky and double your money then take your original investment off the table and play with the houses money. Repeat taking your profits out each day or whenever you make some. I dabbled a bit a few weeks ago made %30 and sold everything off and haven't gotten back in and was waiting for a pull back that never came. I only put in what I can afford to lose.

buck

I know a guy who bought Berkshire Hathaway at $6,000 per share. Back in 1991. The last time I talked to him he still owned all two of them. Today they are priced at $293,540. Each. But of course Berkshire Hathaway has real assets, including the BNSF railway.

Bitcoin is a little different situation.

Wes H.

If I was your buddy I would sell 1 share make some money , keep the other. No one ever went broke taking a profit, sucks when you sell and share goes but but sucks more when it goes down and you didn't sell.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
We need more proud anecdotes from folks who lost money. They are in the majority, but don't seem to want to talk about it much.

Bob

burge

I am hoping this free stuff is real. I can post a couple of links if they actually pay out.

OldDinosaurWesH

My mom had a small investment portfolio. I've seen a couple of the stocks she owned go to zero. In the end you hope that the good ones outbalance the bad ones. Like the man said in the movie, "They're all dogs, just try to put it (his Million $'s.) on the dog with the least fleas."

Being a former cubicle dweller, It never ceases to amaze me that these corporations ever make a profit. Management always takes care of itself, usually to the detriment of the shareholders. I worked for a medium sized corporation many years ago. We had 700 employees and did about $125 million a year in sales. Our company was marginal as to if we could make a profit or sustain a loss. An yet, there was management giving themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in "Bonuses". Management was doing such a good job, that those bonuses made sure that the company sustained a loss. Every year. Eventually that company was driven into the ground by its own management and went out of business.

If you read the comic strip "Dilbert" and you have had experience as a cubicle dweller, you can understand. Dilbert is seldom what I consider funny because in its own caricatured and stereotyped way, it is all true. Frighteningly so. If you haven't ever been a cubicle dweller, then Dilbert is meaningless. And therefore, understanding how big corporations work, would be equally elusive.

Bitcoin, Hah! They are destined for the ash heap of history, It's just a matter of time.

I keep my money in the bank. That's risky enough.

Wes H.

ChinaVoodoo

I thought I was friends with a man who turned out to be a con man. A lot of people around him got hit in some way. Somehow, I never got conned. He posed as a very rich person. I think he didn't con me because one time I commented to his "assistant" who turned out to really be his girlfriend, that it bothered me that people would use him to try to get rich, and that I never would. Every once in a while he would fish the waters and mention something like that he had a supplier for something of interest to my employment, but it never went anywhere. One thing he was into was bitcoin. I'm sure a lot of con artists are using bitcoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.