Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Received some tobacco seed all the way from Russia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Lee

Moldovan 456.
It's a type of burley tobacco with an "oriental" taste and pink flowers (like some other orientals).
I can't wait to try and grow some this coming year.

I tried to grow quite a few other "Turkish/oriental" tobaccos this previous year and out of all of them, Black Sea Samson performed the best for me (Tasted great, BTW!), so I can't wait to see how Moldovan 456 performs in my climate.
It promises to have much larger leaves than the Samson.

greenmonster714

Moldovan 456 is on my list as well. I plan on using it for pipe blends. I see your kinda new to the forum. Welcome aboard. Where are you located. US or elsewhere?

Jon Lee

Moldovan 456 is on my list as well. I plan on using it for pipe blends. I see your kinda new to the forum. Welcome aboard. Where are you located. US or elsewhere?

Yup. Tennessee. I obtained them through Ebay from a Russian vendor. Had a difficult time getting paypal to accept the payment (which they did only when I purchased something else and additionally had the seeds in my cart). I know they had to travel through some subzero temps, so I'm curious to see if they will still be viable. I really didn't expect to receive them TBH.

ChinaVoodoo

Yup. Tennessee. I obtained them through Ebay from a Russian vendor. Had a difficult time getting paypal to accept the payment (which they did only when I purchased something else and additionally had the seeds in my cart). I know they had to travel through some subzero temps, so I'm curious to see if they will still be viable. I really didn't expect to receive them TBH.

If you have any problems with the seed, there is a reputable American vendor www.Northwoodseeds.com who has Moldovan 456. I hate to say your hardship getting the seeds was unnecessary. I will also be growing Moldovan 456 next year.

You can input your location into your profile. It's advisable because it helps people give appropriate advice.

Alpine

Welcome to FTT. I grew Moldovan 456 in 2016, but managed to save only one plant. Impressive plant, but I’m still trying to understand if it’s a burley or a bright leaf... my seeds came from Northwoodseeds. It will be interesting to read your impressions about it next year! BTW it’s on my grow list for 2018.

Pier

Alpine

To be honest, to me it tastes like burley. But as I wrote in another thread, Polygon 55 lists it as a bright leaf, while Skychaser has it under the burleys. If you’re focused on burley for next year, try KY8635 together with some other strain. And keep us posted, your opinions are highly valuable.

Pier

ChinaVoodoo

https://tobacco.professorhome.ru/tobacco/moldavskiy-456

It is listed together with Ternopolski14 and others. IIRC you grew ternopolski or ostrolist a couple years ago didn’t you?

Pier

I have KY8635 too, so I'm good on that front.

I did grow Ostrolist and Ternopolski 7. They are both bright leaf for sure. Three quarters of the crop was flue cured. I could see one not being sure about the air cured tips if that was all they had as reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.