Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

And here I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandoor

Good day to all of you. Next summer I’ve decided to stop feeding the squirrels and grow something for myself. I’ve been researching on the web and this forum comes up over and over again.
I am a suburbanite kid wrangler and dog walker. I smoked for 20 years and started using Camel “snus” while flying for my job. I found General and quit smoking. I order the good Swedish lös when I can put together a bunch of dollars, but mostly I get the portion at the local convenience store.
Let me ask you something right away; do I need to worry about squirrels? The Eastern Grey Squirrel. They decimate my garden every year. Population control is unfortunately not an option as air rifles are frowned upon by my (retired, vigilant, and observant) neighbors.
Finally, thanks to the admin who fixed my registration. It was a bit unnerving to see the “You have been banned, for no specified reason, forever” message.

greenmonster714

Welcome aboard. Ive never had any issues with squirrels in the garden. Are they hiding nuts or actually eating the foliage? One solution is to have an outdoor cat. Pick one up at a local shelter. It will be fixed already and won't wonder off from it food source. Squirrels hate cats and avoid them.

Congratulations on getting off the cigarettes. That's a hard habit to break. Before you plan on growing read all you can here in the forum. Tons of great info and nice folks.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome. Many small critters and deer, nesting birds, etc., can damage or dig up small tobacco transplants, but it's usually minimal and inconsequential. Once the plants are about 12" tall, most wildlife steer clear.

Bob

Smokin Harley

Welcome. I had to take a season off due to moving down south but trust me , tobacco is addicting,in more ways than one. And about squirrels, I've got a 7.62x39 to take care of any that decide to come close to my garden.

OldDinosaurWesH

My neighbors have lots of cats. The cats keep the squirrels on their little toes...and up in the trees.

Wes H.

Tandoor

Sounds like good news regarding the squirrels. Guard cats and Kalashnikovs are definitely not going to work in my neighborhood, but I like the way you guys think. I’ve found lots of good info in the forum already.

BarG

Founding Member
Indian joe , thats funny and true. grow your garden because the tree rats won't harm it unless you mulch it with acorns and nuts. Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.