Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Best trophy or achievment while providing for your family

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Ok, here is a pic of horns from deer harvested on the same property maybe 4 yrs apart , note the direction they grow.101_0028.jpg

look close and you can tell skull orientation is the same. 99% of my deer have the type of antler growth shown right. The left antler started as a euoropean mount until a possum chewed the nose off at final stage of prep.

BarG

Founding Member
I am pretty sure my dog sent him to possum hell after it killed a chicken. When he returned and killed a chicken that busted loose one night[ my fault for not latching there door] My dog retaliated at 5 in the morning when I let him out , he wakes me at odd hours all the time.. although he could have been playing possum even after my dog sunk a few teeth in him. It was gone by day light. out.any comments on how them deer horns grow, they are a curiosity to me, I was hanging the 12 point upside down for a while, heh heh

BarG

Founding Member
I called him off and brought him in. Found a fully breasted chicken the next morning. possums are nasty, a previous dog got a nasty cist from a possum bite, she was a possum killing dog.

ChinaVoodoo

I made my wife a wine rack so I figure I'm good for Valentine's Day.

Steel conduit (1/4 the price of copper, sheesh), 2x4 cedar, anchored into the wall (about 4-4.5" with screw anchors...solid af) Corks to plug all the holes. Hammer drill had to be rented. Holds 56 bottles.

IMG_20180211_171139496~2.jpg

BarG

Founding Member
My ex wife loved and cherished my inventions an things I built for her and my kids. My new wife could care less, I never realized how much another persons approval could affect your creativity. My kids still love it, I am on the hook for some new furniture pieces for them , cause I love em.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
However, I co opted both my sons in law to help me reorganize and arrange my shop before I start, and they can both have a really fine desk for their kids. I will spend a minimum of a week or 2 per and use mostly my harvested lumber . I have a ton of logs laying to be cut, bummer. I have hundreds of bdft in white oak, pecan and spalted hackberry right now dried. This weekend is our catfishing extravaganza, for 10 bucks whoever catches the biggest fish gets a new penn and rod ssurf combo, $80 . I will win heh heh, i'll kill em. I did last yr. Last year we did 400 lbs catfish in a wkend with 6 of us.

BarG

Founding Member
Well since my wife dont cook often and I have been so busy I found I had a surplus of venison backstrap. Ok so I am still working at home and season up strips[cut into strips] with salt pepper and tony chacheros, start the big cast iron pit with smoker with afew mesquite charcoals and start adding pecan hardwood scraps wetted down. smoke em heh heh, not till there dry but half raw. Still moist and chewy. Yea Buddy!

BarG

Founding Member
I like processing my own meat when we can. But here in the USA home meat processing is kind of a No No ( But we do it anyway) as there are some certain people who wants to make sure that animals are put down humanely and think the only way is at a gov inspected packing house .
I have killed a lot of hogs , made my own sausage, salt and sugar cure my own hams , midlands and shoulders .Back years ago almost all farmers raised a few hogs . The in November we would kill , scald , scrape hair and trim up hams , shoulders and midlands for salt curing .
We clean and process our own deer and small game . While there is other hunter who use a packing house to process their deer kill . I prefer to get back my own deer meat . I have heard it costing around $100 for hunters to get a deer processed . . It cost me nothing more that the bags or wrap to wrap my meat in . We have our own grinder and know what we grind into our meat . I also make my own deer jerky with my grandson learning how to do this and where food comes from .

Now there is a lot of nasty hunters who kill and dump their kill along side of roads here, they are too lazy to clean what they killed and are killing for the fun or trophy .
With my family we eat what we kill unless it is a coyote

This year our deer herd was hit extremely hard with Epizootic hemorrhagic disease . It has taking a big toll on our deer population . People was finding dead deer all over the state of KY .

By the way Eggs are my favorite food , We sometimes eat breakfast food at suppertime .
I smoked my bacon today. I am buying pork bellys and curing my own bacon.. I am smoking it with pecan.
I killed a chickem snake today with 2 wooden eggs heh heh ,it was history any way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.