Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The new lemon this year

burge

I had some and it was not very good to start with almost sent it back. Now its some of the best Don has ever had. Stick with it and age it. I shred a pound then force it in a plastic cigarette tub. 2 to 3 weeks makes a huge difference. I have had a lot of people email me on leaf and expect it to taste great right out of the bag. It does if its last years stock. This stuff here is brand new a little pressing allows for fermentation and makes the leaf that much better. Now this is some of the best lemon Don has ever had.

burge

I posted this for new members and as a result of a cigarette forum I am in. Sometimes the old proverb the best things in life comes to those who wait. So if anyone can share or add how to make great tobacco better.

jasongee

I've just got some lemon and have been smoking it, seems a little mild,.Does it get a bit more punch after shredding and left in a tub?

burge

I've just got some lemon and have been smoking it, seems a little mild,.Does it get a bit more punch after shredding and left in a tub?
That lemon is strong I am assuming the Canadian leaf from a Canadian perspective. and has good nicotine levels. I gave one to a woman here and asked what she thought and her response was strong but smooth.

burge

I like the American Flue cured sometimes its a little too strong for me other times its more like a richer lemon. What do you normally smoke? That Canadian is fantastic. I will try and help the best I can.

jasongee

Hi,normally Canadian/American combo but I've only ordered the lemon this time, thinking it would be sufficient.The nicotine level is good but when you take a draw it's hard to taste or feel it going down as it's really mild.It does seem to get a little better about half way through the cigarette.I probably should of got a pound of American to mix with 4 pound of lemon

burge

Hi,normally Canadian/American combo but I've only ordered the lemon this time, thinking it would be sufficient.The nicotine level is good but when you take a draw it's hard to taste or feel it going down as it's really mild.It does seem to get a little better about half way through the cigarette.I probably should of got a pound of American to mix with 4 pound of lemon
Here is a little trick shred it and hand press it into a tobacco tub. and wait a month. You will find the taste will get richer. Another thing you can do since its summer there is press it into a tobacco tub plastic and put it in a hot car. Just let the tobacco get warm for at least 4 hours. Then let it cool and have a taste.

burge

So on my tobacco when I hand pressed it tastes even better with more flavour.

burge

Trust me you can get flavours you never thought were there by simple processes. Also before you shred the tobacco let it dry out a little it was over moist this time around and leave it in the vapour proof bag. If there is a heat source put that bag in heat then put the bag in the freezer and let it come up to temperature. The heat allows the tobacco to sweat the hand pressing when the tobacco is moist allows all the juices to meld. The freezing and coming to case allows the tobacco its self to dry out and when rethawed allow all the juices to be reabsorbed into the tobacco.

Charly

I am not sure you need to freeze and unfreeze the tobacco to allow it to reabsorb its juices.
But with pressing the tobacco you definitely allow it to change (in a good way for the few trials I made).
Warm temperatures help too.

burge

They do and when all the variances of temperature will always help in shaping the taste of tobacco. The freezing is in the vapour proof bags before it is shredded.

burge

Cool thanks for the tips,I knew there had to be a way of improving things but wasn't sure how.
Not a problem I also forgot to add i shred some of the stems. Sticks and stems is what makes the flavour of the tobacco. The ideal stems to shred are the wire type stems. The other determination is the woody looking stems which is hard to describe but in the latest tobacco they were blackish and then you get a tan one. The tan ones are delicious.

ChinaVoodoo

I'm sorry burge, but I also have to disagree. I personally find that stems have the effect of reducing tongue bite from cooling the pipe burning and reducing the amount of acid in the smoke, and having no noticeable impact on the flavour. Moreover, laboratory results I have read in studies all indicate it is simply a less nutrient sense structure in the plant.

burge

I have to add that only applies to the wiry stems. I mean they make snuff out of the stems. But that only applies to stuff that is the diameter of a wire. I am not talking about the bottom of the stalk. Not that big think stuff. The part that is shredded works to the top 1/3rd of the leaf sometimes half if the stem is not too thick.

burge

Danish 91 or 81 in the pipe tobacco There are a number of factors that age tobacco. One is the moistening and re-moistening of tobacco 2 is heat ie the Three Castles and the sweating of the tobacco. 3 is temperature changes and allowing the tobacco to breathe. 4. Fermentation and that happens when the tobacco is pressed. The old Danish tobacco was 6 years old before it was ready. Thus the higher price tag by repeating simple processes. You do some these steps with Dons tobacco you have some of the best tobacco in the world. You will get flavour and a taste that is unbelievable. Do you want all aticks and stems no. ie the heat in a car on 34 degree day brings the tobacco up to a temperature of about 120 degrees roughly that heating of the tobacco changes the tobacco. To add commercial tobacco will not change that much in characteristics. I tried it with the competitions cdn. Dons tobacco always evolves and is eexceptional tobacco and getting tastes I like including The Three Castles. and Kendall Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
When Flue Cured and Burley tobaccos are thrashed (the process of separating the lamina from the stems), 97% of the midrib and 10% -20% of the heavy veins are removed. These "stems" are byproducts in the manufacturing of tobacco products. Very little of anything related to tobacco leaves is wasted or thrown away. The most common use of the stems is they are steamed until they have a rubber-like consistency, then rolled under 80 tons of pressure. The result is a product that can not be recognized from lamina without a magnifying glass. The rolled stem is then used as filler in the manufacture of cigarettes. The vast majority of cigarettes are made from blends of three classes of tobacco...Flavor, Semi-flavor, and filler. The more filler that is added to the blend, the cheaper the price for the cut rag (Primary ready shredded tobacco blend) ((A "Primary" is what the cut rag is dumped into and spits out cigarettes the other end)). Filler only adds to the decreased quality of the finished product.