Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2 new carottes to age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Since the resurrection of the carotte thread from last year I decided on this damp rainy festivus of 2017 I'd turn some tubbed (some kilned)and aged 2014 and 2015 crop into pipe tobacco to try NEXT year .
Heres what I ran my olfactory sense into -
Va Gold- kilned low case,many bags, sweet and fresh hay-like aroma ,very slight brown sugar sweetness
Black Mammoth ,kilned small bag, low case since bagging
Little Sweet Orinoko ,color cured only but its already incredibly sweet smelling like a good mild pipe tobacco base ,low case .
Perique -cured and fermented ,sliced and partially rubbed out, very dry.

So I also had a few small samples of rum made by the distillery near where we used to live .
115 proof Dark
Amber
White

also almost always at hand is Watkins real vanilla extract.

First carotte I blended the Va Gold and Black Mammoth about 3:1 respectively and sprayed the 1st and 2nd rum on that

second one is basically 40% Va Gold ,40% Orinoko and a 20% core of already sliced and partially rubbed out Perique . dribbled the Perique with only white rum.

Rolled both up so when sliced I'm hoping the coins have obvious layers of color.

tight Marline knots over canvas "sail cloth" labeled/dated and hung up in the basement floor joists until ... I think about it again.

pics later

Smokin Harley

Thanks Dave, I think this time I might not wait an entire year to unwrap and slice, maybe more like only 6 months .
AND I guess I listed the vanilla but I only added it to the first carotte with the dark and amber rums. The second one already has the aromatic characteristics of the Orinoko so I wanted that to come through rather than cover it up with vanilla...even though Watkins makes the best vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.