Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makla

Super Moderator

Re: Makla

Is makla the only tobacco product available that seems inconsistent with the law? Are there any others?

Interesting question what I have heard "snus is the only oral-snuff product that ain't aloud in EU". But if that is true can I not tell for sure

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesAhoy View Post
    Is makla the only tobacco product available that seems inconsistent with the law? Are there any others?
    Do you have a pic for it? Can you describe it?
    Amateur Cigar roller, Tobacco enthusiast.

What's banned by the EU is very specific and means that you cannot legally buy american moist snuff (dip) or swedish snus - the stipulation is that it's moisture content is more than something like 30% - drier snuff is considered nasal snuff and is legal ... which here in the UK is exempt from even any tobacco taxes. Chewing tobacco is legal, makla and similar middle eastern oral tobacco is legal, indian pan masala is legal. However apart from in certain mining communities where smoking underground was banned there is very little historical use of oral tobacco in the UK.

Some snus manufacturers have created products which are almost exactly the same as snus portions, these are called chewing bags (even though no-one using them would ever chew them) to get round the legislation.

Super Moderator

Right on. I'm back on a snuff kick, it's cool how you guys have at least protected snuff. I do like oral more but I think that's just because it was basically my first way of having tobacco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12