Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My house plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
IMG_20180101_054403.jpg
At the end of last years grow I noticed a sucker that actually had a couple roots on it that weren't attached to the ground, just fat white 1" roots. I stuffed it in the pot and have been watering it when it gets wilty. It only gets a couple hours of sun through the window a day. It started to flower at one point but then changed it's mind and the tiny growths that were going to be flowers just got darker and stopped growing. Maybe that's the temp, I don't know. It's -21 on the other side of that window. It hasn't grown any that I know of, that's the size I ripped off the mother plant.

If it survives a few more months I'll be planting it in the spring.

Anyone else have a tobacco house plant still?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I have a Alida plant in the Laundry Room. I have not given it much water at all and it living in very little solid. It's one of the plant that I didn't put out last season. I also took in 4 different plants after last season. Only 2 have created flowers of those. I will see if I can put up some pictures later.

ZigZagZeppelin

View attachment 22713
At the end of last years grow I noticed a sucker that actually had a couple roots on it that weren't attached to the ground, just fat white 1" roots. I stuffed it in the pot and have been watering it when it gets wilty. It only gets a couple hours of sun through the window a day. It started to flower at one point but then changed it's mind and the tiny growths that were going to be flowers just got darker and stopped growing. Maybe that's the temp, I don't know. It's -21 on the other side of that window. It hasn't grown any that I know of, that's the size I ripped off the mother plant.

If it survives a few more months I'll be planting it in the spring.

Anyone else have a tobacco house plant still?

Looks healthy enough, Smokes.

Altho "by the window" in January is a risk, the drafts.

It was negative 9 Fahrenheit here this morn, and I know Vermont is not warmer (then my area in NY, usually).

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20180101_3333_FolgersHavana322_200.jpg

Havana 322.

This plant grew it its Folger's tub on my front step during the 2017 season. What you see is a primary sucker, which has looked about the same (ratty) since October. The brown portions of some of the leaves are from frost damage acquired prior to being relocated indoors. It's spending the winter by the storm door of the back porch, while resting atop my endoskeletal kiln. I'll pick the nicest new sucker that emerges, then remove all the rest. It should do well in 2018 (if it likes coffee).

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.