Status
Not open for further replies.

CobGuy

Step one ... seeds are in the mail:

Yellow Twist Bud
Ohio Dutch
Goose Creek Red
Basma

I feel that documenting this year's grow will help me stay vigilant and also get tips and suggestions as I go.

Alpine

Very interesting selection of seeds! Apart from GCR (my favorite strain) all your strains are in my “to grow sooner or later “ list. It will be a pleasure to follow your blog. Good luck with the gardening!

pier

CobGuy

Very interesting selection of seeds! Apart from GCR (my favorite strain) all your strains are in my “to grow sooner or later “ list. It will be a pleasure to follow your blog. Good luck with the gardening!

pier

Thank you! I tried to focus on varieties that will be easiest to air / sun cure and to be used for pipe and snuff / snus.

I grow vicariously through all of you.

Central Illinois is great for growing ... farm country! I grew up near Peoria, IL. :)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
make sure you do some research. on how to start them.....once started. the hard part is over,

greenmonster714

I too am a pipe/snus guy. Dark air varieties go good with both as are Burleys. Best of luck to ya on your grow. Be careful this stuff is habit forming. I just cooked 900 grams of snus. It should be ready in a few weeks. Once it's finished I plan on posting a thread about it. I look forward to watching your progress this year. Lots of pics please..lol.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
good luck with it... I start my seeds kinda unique from most.... researching some of my past grow logs may be helpful....I lost all my old pic's or id post you one,

but I like to sprinkle the topsoil with a layer of vermiculite... so thiers no crevaces in the soil for a seed to drop into... when your talking of such a small seed.. a small crack in the soil. is a very deep crevice,

by laying the vermiculite. you eliminate that threat,,,

CobGuy

They are the tiniest seeds for sure! I went with Seedling Soil for that exact reason as potting soil is too coarse and the seeds fall in.My last grow was all Semois and I let them go to seed ... no flowers this time and better controls for curing should improve the results.Thanks to all for the tips and tricks ... keep 'em coming! :)

ChinaVoodoo

good luck with it... I start my seeds kinda unique from most.... researching some of my past grow logs may be helpful....I lost all my old pic's or id post you one,

but I like to sprinkle the topsoil with a layer of vermiculite... so thiers no crevaces in the soil for a seed to drop into... when your talking of such a small seed.. a small crack in the soil. is a very deep crevice,

by laying the vermiculite. you eliminate that threat,,,

Chicken, what sort of vermiculite are you using? The stuff I've bought several years in a row is pretty coarse. More coarse than my soil. I use it, but mixed in. Do you grind it to a powder or something?

CobGuy

hmmm ... only quick reply is working."Edit" and "Reply to Thread" are not functioning for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.