Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello From Sunny But Chilly Alberta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about your interests, eh. Do you grow, smoke whole leaf, cigars, pipe, smokeless, cigarettes? I'm in Edmonton, myself. I grow tobacco for pipe smoking, as well as order from WLT to roll cigars.

Charly

Welcome :) have fun ;)
And as ChinaVoodoo asked : tell us more about you !

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Chilly, yes ..., but it's a dry cold!​Where in AB?
Thanks for that information, It might explain different things..I have not thinking about it but when I was a child we had a neighbor who was from Alberta. Some of the other grower grow something we in Sweden call "Sparis" and that man just shake his head and told"that thing grow wild there I come from". I don't know the English names but do Asparagus grow wild in Alberta? I have trying to grow it some times in my back yard but without success. And when you say that it's Dry cold I think that is the answer.. Perhaps I should give it a new chance..

Hugh

Thanks for that information, It might explain different things..I have not thinking about it but when I was a child we had a neighbor who was from Alberta. Some of the other grower grow something we in Sweden call "Sparis" and that man just shake his head and told"that thing grow wild there I come from". I don't know the English names but do Sparis grow wild in Alberta? I have trying to grow it some times in my back yard but without success. And when you say that it's Dry cold I think that is the answer.. Perhaps I should give it a new chance..

Asparagus ...., in Alberta? No.
Sounds like the old guy was just being cranky.

"Sparis"? Looked for a photo, no luck. Is it a woodland fern, as we call young shoots 'fiddlehead' here?

[Edit] --Oh, i did find this from southern Alberta:

[FONT=&quot]"Last year, I attempted to stalk the wild asparagus but had no success. I had heard for years that Lethbridge has wild asparagus growing in the coulees and surrounding farmland ditches. But never once, had I spotted this Lethbian asparagus- until it was too late...."

[/FONT]
https://thelethbridgeveg.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/stalking-the-wild-asparagus-lethbridge-style/

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Asparagus ...., in Alberta? No.Sounds like the old guy was just being cranky."Sparis"? Looked for a photo, no luck. Is it a woodland fern, as we call young shoots 'fiddlehead' here?[Edit] --Oh, i did find this from southern Alberta:[FONT=&quot]"Last year, I attempted to stalk the wild asparagus but had no success. I had heard for years that Lethbridge has wild asparagus growing in the coulees and surrounding farmland ditches. But never once, had I spotted this Lethbian asparagus- until it was too late...."[/FONT]https://thelethbridgeveg.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/stalking-the-wild-asparagus-lethbridge-style/
Sweden has 8 cultivation zones and a zone that is mountain and virtually impossible to grow. Where I am born and raised, belongs to the zone: 1 and everything is almost growing with good results. So, my mind is that he simply reduced their typical Swedish pride.But he really trick me (think he is sitting in heaven and laughing right now). But thanks for the information

ChinaVoodoo

I think it's possible though. I don't think it does, but I lived in Northwest Ontario, in that notch between Minnesota and Manitoba. Every bit as cold as Alberta. I remember there was wild asparagus on one occasion that mom picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.