Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Albuquerque, New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

alPol05

My name is Wiktor Kuc, and I am Polish. The pronunciation of my name is Victor Kootz – this is a phonetic spelling.

I came to the USA in 1982 as a recipient of political asylum and settles in San Diego. In 1988 I moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico to work on several projects for US National Labs. In 1996 I started my own business and was working on Internet applications, databases, etc. I retired several years ago, and since then I am involved in research and running a website dedicated to vintage hand tools. I am also helping my daughter to raise her son - Alex.

I found your forum by accident. I was searching Google for information on pipe smoking, tobacco blending, and anything else related to pipe smoking. This is how I found your forum.

My background in pipe smoking is very limited. I am 70 years old, retired, and a long time cigarette smoker (about 50 years or so). Several months ago I decided to stop smoking cigarettes. Although currently accepted opinion is that pipe smoking is just as bad as smoking cigarettes, I know that there are several aspects of pipe smoking that can help me to stop smoking cigarettes. The important factor here is that I like smoking tobacco. However, last many years smoking cigarettes became just a way to feed the habit. It affected my health and became rather an unpleasant exercise. On the other hand, I am not a type that quite cigarettes every other month and goes back to it shortly after.

The smoking pipe appears to be an alternative that has many attractive aspects not present in cigarettes smoking. First, I didn't have to divorce myself from tobacco in any radical way. I could still smell tobacco, enjoy its flavor and at the same time minimize effects of inhaling smoke from tobacco. Second, there are many interesting issues and activities of pipe smoking worth exploring. I learned more in just a few short months about tobacco, pipes, and the whole culture of pipe smoking. These aspects are very attractive to me.

I am interested in blending different tobaccos. And this is how I found your forum. There are several posts here that discuss tobacco blending and many other related and interesting issues. I would like to become a part of these discussions and at this time learn as much as possible.

I never smoked a cigarette after my visit to the tobacco shop. I walked out from that shop with a new pipe and left my last pack of cigarettes there.

Thanks for accepting me to this forum,
Wiktor Kuc

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
From one Pole to another..WITAMY!
I get down to White Sands Missile Range a few times a year. Do plan to grow any tobacco?

BarG

Founding Member
Hello , one young man to an old man , welcome, I am still smoking after 50 yrs, they are hard to give up.

Charly

KiwiGrown

Welcome, I honestly think pipe smoking although isn't good for your health but is no where near the risk of cigarette smoking, nearly all studies only research the effects of smoking cigarettes and group pipe and cigar smoking in with cigarettes. What little information I've found where they have studied pipe, cigars and cigarettes separately suggests only a small increase in risk the of cancer from pipe smoking(For someone smoking 1 or 2 bowls a day) compared to a non smoker, or am I misinterpreting ?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Welcome, I honestly think pipe smoking although isn't good for your health but is no where near the risk of cigarette smoking, nearly all studies only research the effects of smoking cigarettes and group pipe and cigar smoking in with cigarettes. What little information I've found where they have studied pipe, cigars and cigarettes separately suggests only a small increase in risk the of cancer from pipe smoking(For someone smoking 1 or 2 bowls a day) compared to a non smoker, or am I misinterpreting ?
Studies on smoking are always difficult, even earlier cigarette use can affect and therefore increase the risk of a pipe or cigar smoker. So studies in themselves are difficult and how much you and me follow their templates is hard to know completely.

alPol05

From one Pole to another..WITAMY!
I get down to White Sands Missile Range a few times a year. Do plan to grow any tobacco?

JBD,

Wow... I didn't expect to be welcomed in Polish. Thanks!

No, I do not plan to grow tobacco. I don't have any access to an area where I could plant anything but a few herbs on my balcony. I live in an apartment. The White Sands Missile Range was not my area. I was more into Nevada. And that was quite a few years ago. I am retired and 70 years old.

burge

Welcome and you are in the right place. To buy leaf wlt and big bonner is the best around. I advise taking advantage of some of the sales when they are on. I smoke cigarettes but for pipes it all depends on what blends you smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.