Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Black Mammoth inside what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Fellers

A customer tells me he salted away a bunch of cured and aged Black Mammoth filler he grew years ago. He'd like to get some rolled up. I volunteered to try for shitz&giggles.

Q: Of the common wrappers and binders which are available to us, what should I try to bind and wrap this stuff with? Does it do well with CT shade, for instance?

Here are the wrappers I have on hand:

• San Andres
  • CT shade
  • Butcher PA
  • Ecuadorian seco shade
  • Nicaraguan
  • Brazilian Mata Fina
  • Ecuadorian ligero shade
  • Sumatra
  • Corojo Oscuro
  • CT Havana 7
  • Broadleaf
  • Honduran Habano
and these binders:

• Silver River
  • KY sumatra
  • Dominican
  • Dominican Olor
  • Honduran Hab
  • Cameroon
However, as you can see, I am not averse to buying another binder or wrapper you may advise. Just please don't suggest anything not available. No, I'm not growing it.

TIA

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
1. I've never grown or used Black Mammoth, so my opinion is based on guess.
2. I would expect a dark-air variety, such as Black Mammoth, to be richly flavorful and quite powerful.
3. IF...IF...IF this stuff is really potent (you need to smoke some), then rolling a small, thin cigar (say 5" x 38) using mild binder and mild wrapper may balance it into a smokable stick.
4. I've never grown or used Black Mammoth, so you may want to ignore 1 thru 3, above.

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
Black Mammoth may have some usable binder and wrapper in those leaves . It is a dark air and is used in Snuss , snuff and chew .
This was my first year growing Black Mammoth and it is a really impressive plant . Huge wide leaves .
Pay no attention to the weeds and vines . That is what happens when tobacco gets to big to take the weeds out . Now it was time to take the tobacco out of the weeds
Maybe wrap it some Corojo 99
g8HVwRo.jpg

6buunw5.jpg

Smokin Harley

Fellers

A customer tells me he salted away a bunch of cured and aged Black Mammoth filler he grew years ago. He'd like to get some rolled up. I volunteered to try for shitz&giggles.

Q: Of the common wrappers and binders which are available to us, what should I try to bind and wrap this stuff with? Does it do well with CT shade, for instance?

Here are the wrappers I have on hand:

• San Andres
  • CT shade
  • Butcher PA
  • Ecuadorian seco shade
  • Nicaraguan
  • Brazilian Mata Fina
  • Ecuadorian ligero shade
  • Sumatra
  • Corojo Oscuro
  • CT Havana 7
  • Broadleaf
  • Honduran Habano
and these binders:

• Silver River
  • KY sumatra
  • Dominican
  • Dominican Olor
  • Honduran Hab
  • Cameroon
However, as you can see, I am not averse to buying another binder or wrapper you may advise. Just please don't suggest anything not available. No, I'm not growing it.

TIA

I grew Black Mammoth in my first grow, and it didnt do very well. Most of the row got flooded out and died , what remained was minimal. Surely it never reached leaf size like that pictured. What little I got I made into a steamed cavendish pipe tobacco as I took it was its intended purpose. Right now its mixed in pipe tobacco 1/8 inch short ribbon that I posted about a month ago , Rum and honey with a background in whiskey and vanilla. smells like Lane Q-1 .With as much trouble and shortcomings , it turned out very pleasant.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Cameroon wrapper and binder is a derivative of Sumatra Deli leaf (known as Indonesian Sumatra Wrapper). So, like Florida Sumatra and Ecuador Sumatra, Cameroon is a relatively thin, mildly flavored, large leaf wrapper variety.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.