Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What combination virginia, burley,darkfire and oriental for making pure pipe tobacco blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukulsesuatu

Hi , I have virginia , burley, dark fire and oriental. What best combination from tobacco I have. I am already try make proportion :
Virginia: 5%
Burley : 3%
Darkfire:1%
Oriental:1%

So what possibility using any combination and proportion from virginia,burley,darkfire, and oriental fir make pure pipe tobacco nit aromatics. Thanks

DistillingJim

To state the obvious, it depends what you're trying to make. I dont have much experience playing with Burley or Darkfired, but if you acquired/made some perique, you could do a 20/80 mix of virginia/perique and play with it from there. If you acquired some Latakia, you could play with some of the proportions outlined in DeluxeStogie's blending Matrix. But with those elements, I'm not sure where you're headed o what you're trying to achieve. Perhaps other members could provide some Burley/DF pointers

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3926-Pure-Tobacco-Pipe-Blends-You-Can-Make/page5

CobGuy

Hi , I have virginia , burley, dark fire and oriental. What best combination from tobacco I have. I am already try make proportion :
Virginia: 50%
Burley : 30%
Darkfire:10%
Oriental:10%

So what possibility using any combination and proportion from virginia,burley,darkfire, and oriental fir make pure pipe tobacco nit aromatics. Thanks

Those aren't bad proportions, IMHO (zero's added to make 100%) ... how did it taste?

Also, did you add any casing to the Burley?

greenmonster714

Yeah, I'm interested in knowing how it tastes as well. I've been told fire cured leaf can be a bit overwhelming in a blend. I'm curious to see how 10% worked out for ya.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I think a lot of people way overthink pipe blends. You don't need to add 7, 8, 9 different components. Keep it simple when first starting out. Try something like a 50% Virginia, and the remaining Turkish and Dark Fired. Adjust your blend as you see fit. If you find the blend disagreeable try removing the Dark Fired and replace with Burley. By keeping your blend simple, you will be able to tell what each individual component adds to the taste.

Personally, I like 30-40% Turkish in my blends. Anything less and I really can't tell there's any Turkish in my blend.

pukulsesuatu

Hi distillingJim. Thanks for your advice I am trying to get my tobacco blend more smokey flavour from dark fire and oriental with base on virginia, I am like alot virginia tobacco for sweeatness.
thanks
To state the obvious, it depends what you're trying to make. I dont have much experience playing with Burley or Darkfired, but if you acquired/made some perique, you could do a 20/80 mix of virginia/perique and play with it from there. If you acquired some Latakia, you could play with some of the proportions outlined in DeluxeStogie's blending Matrix. But with those elements, I'm not sure where you're headed o what you're trying to achieve. Perhaps other members could provide some Burley/DF pointers

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3926-Pure-Tobacco-Pipe-Blends-You-Can-Make/page5

pukulsesuatu

Those aren't bad proportions, IMHO (zero's added to make 100%) ... how did it taste?

Also, did you add any casing to the Burley?
Hi CobGuy the taste is sweet from virginia, but less flavour from dark fire and orientall. my burley and darfk fire tobacco is strong so i put dark fire and oriental small proportion. I casing my burley with dark chocolate.

any advice for Me for making litlle bit soft for burley and dark fire

pukulsesuatu

Yeah, I'm interested in knowing how it tastes as well. I've been told fire cured leaf can be a bit overwhelming in a blend. I'm curious to see how 10% worked out for ya.
Hi greenmoster714 I am not yet try with 10% dark fire tobacco before I have been experiment with a lot of portion darfkfire result is the dark fire dominating flavour and very strong. I am looking for sweet virginia with background flavour from dark fire is possible?

pukulsesuatu

I think a lot of people way overthink pipe blends. You don't need to add 7, 8, 9 different components. Keep it simple when first starting out. Try something like a 50% Virginia, and the remaining Turkish and Dark Fired. Adjust your blend as you see fit. If you find the blend disagreeable try removing the Dark Fired and replace with Burley. By keeping your blend simple, you will be able to tell what each individual component adds to the taste.

Personally, I like 30-40% Turkish in my blends. Anything less and I really can't tell there's any Turkish in my blend.
Hi JitterbugDude thanks for your advice I will try blend only using virginia , darkfire and oriental I like a lot virginia and need more smokey from darkfire and oriental. Thank You.

KiwiGrown

Have you tried Latakia instead of dark fired ? I'm no expert at blending in fact I have zero experience but ive smoked my share of commercial blends.

There is quite a few with the flavour profile you seem to be working on, the main difference is they use of latakia instead of dark fired, I'd think the flavour of latakia is more complimenty to orientals.

Again no experience blendin just a thought as I smoked a bowl of Plum pudding, a blend of latakia, virginia, orientals and perique.

pukulsesuatu

Have you tried Latakia instead of dark fired ? I'm no expert at blending in fact I have zero experience but ive smoked my share of commercial blends.

There is quite a few with the flavour profile you seem to be working on, the main difference is they use of latakia instead of dark fired, I'd think the flavour of latakia is more complimenty to orientals.

Again no experience blendin just a thought as I smoked a bowl of Plum pudding, a blend of latakia, virginia, orientals and perique.
Hi, KiwiGrown That My problem I dont have latakia tobacco, My local tobacconist they dont sell latakia. Hard to find latakia in my country except buy comercial brand on online shop but it expensive.
Thanks for you sugesstion

KiwiGrown

Sorry, I missed that part of your post, I know how you feel here in New Zealand we can't buy any pipe tobacco locally except aromatics, a couple of terrible flakes and we have some of the highest tax in the world on all tobacco products.

pukulsesuatu

Sorry, I missed that part of your post, I know how you feel here in New Zealand we can't buy any pipe tobacco locally except aromatics, a couple of terrible flakes and we have some of the highest tax in the world on all tobacco products.
Hi KiwiGrown, You are absolutly right, I have experience when I visiting wellington along time ago and buy one pouch rolling tobacco around cuba street.

Status
Not open for further replies.