Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hit the chew lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenhagen Forever

Made some gold for myself. Black gold! My batch finished yesterday and I'm full up. Made three jars at once, over 60 ounces in all. Now I'm thinking on an experiment and getting back to my copenhagen quest. Have you ever tried horehound candy drops? The smell and taste reminds me of tar. The horehound leafs is available (Marrubium vulgare) on ebay and inexpensive. I'll make my next batch and add in a small mason jar with some of the horehound powder in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArizonaDave

Re: Hit the chew lotery

Thanks for pushing that thread forward AZ. I've got a ton of stem and other stuff to make a batch. Can't wait to give this a try.

No problem. I make one similar to him, and make another dry snuff out of Criollo Liguero scraps. Put them in a blender, make into powder, then screen the vein bits out. It'll stay indefinitely. When ready to use, I reconstitute with Rum/Vanilla, let the alcohol evaporate, and have a ready to go dip as needed. Cooking only comes into play when using Burley, or cigarette type tobacco.
He has this process down to the best I've seen on the forum.

Copenhagen Forever

My batch finished today. The small jars have the horehound and this experiment was a fail. I tried the taste on the second day of the cooking. 1 teaspoon of the horehound made no difference so I added another. After the cooking was done I tried it again. There was a slight taste. I took off a couple of ounces off and put it in a seperate cup then added another 2 teaspoons of the horehound and let everything go thru the breathing cycle for 2 weeks.
The taste is bitter and earthy. I am going to try one more thing and that is to add some licorice to it in hopes that it will transform the taste into a tar flavor.

Attachments

• DSCF2995.jpg
    DSCF2995.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
From the Occupational Health division of the National Institutes of Health: https://hazmap.nlm.nih.gov/category-details?table=copytblagents&id=9468 [see the comments section].

The toxic effects are generally from heavy exposure to pine oil (see synonyms). Most discussions on the internet are written by amateurs and advocates, so that's not particularly helpful.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.